Bleeding 2wks after breast reductio. Is this normal? (photos)

I had a reduction 2wks ago and today I noticed a lot of blood on my bra and shirt. Changed shirt and bra put gauze on it 30 minutes later gauze was soaked and came threw my shirt.

Post op concerns

You should see your plastic surgeon as soon as you can to discuss your post op concerns so that you can decide on further treatment, if any. 

Good luck!

Post Procedure Concern

If you have redness, swelling, #drainage or odor, it is important to call the office and speak with the doctor or medical staff. You may need to be seen in the office and evaluated. If the wound becomes separated or you develop a small opening, this again should be evaluated so that appropriate steps can be taken as soon as possible!

Bleeding 2 weeks post breast reduction

Thank you for the question.     If you have not you need to call your surgeon and make an appointment to be seen.   best of luck

Ivor B. Kaplan, MD
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Is it normal to have bleeding?

No its not normal to have this much bleeding and oozing after this surgery.  This means you need to be seen by your surgeon..and it should be immediate. Hope this helps.
Good luck.
Dr Vasisht
South Shore Plastic Surgery

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Bleeding 2wks after breast reductio. Is this normal?

Thank you for your question.  You really need to be examined to get a better idea of your situation.  Please contact your surgeon immediately to notify him or her of your concerns and get evaluated soon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS