Is there anyone who can help me?

For approximately 8 years now, the gums above my two front crowns have bled, and been red and inflamed. During this time, I had the crowns replaced, hoping that would solve the problem. It did not. I saw a periodontist. He performed biological width surgery. Another thousand dollars later, my gums looked exactly the same as before. Is there anything I can do? Anyone I can see who would know something?

Bleeding Gums

Thank you for posting your question.  I am sorry to hear that your gums have been bleeding even after having so much treatment.  There are many factors that can cause you to have bleeding gums.  How is your home care?  Do you have an medical issues?  For example, are you diabetic?  Do you take any medications?  Do clench or grind your teeth?  You may have a bite alignment issue?  Find a Pankey trained dentist in your area.  They may be able to help you identify the cause.  Hope this helps!  Good Luck!

New York Dentist

Bleeding gums

Biologic width surgery is often the answer to your problem. You don't mention what type of crowns you have. if the have a metal base covered in porcelain, it is possible that you are allergic or sensitive to the metal. It is also possible that the margins of the crowns are too bulky. Did you have a problem when you were in your temporaries or did it arise after the crowns were placed? One option is to remove the crowns and place some very nicely polished and thinned temporaries. Let the area heal and then remake the crowns to the exact contours of the temporaries. I hope this helps.