How can I remove this? Is it even possible? Will it be expensive? (Photos)

It gets very painful and sometimes even causes tearing underneath? Is it considered cosmetic surgery?Is it expensive? Very ashamed of wearing sleeveless clothing since I was very young

Axillary breast tissue

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, it appears that you have axillary breast tissue.  This can be easily removed surgically and is usually covered by insurance.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Loose Skin and Fat On Armpit

I suggest a formal consultation this likely will need both surgical skin removal and liposuction for the best outcome.  Dr. Emer.

Axillary Breast Tissue

Thank you for your question. You appear to have axillary breast tissue. Excision of this tissue is commonly performed and is often covered by insurance. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination and details of the procedure. Hope this helps and good luck!

Excess axillary tissue

Hello and thank you for your question. You may need some combination of Liposuction or excision to remove this excess tissue. It may be accessory breast tissue if it is only on one side of the arm especially. An in person consultation will be necessary. Your pain and discomfort symptoms do favor accessory breast tissue. Good luck!

Kailash Narasimhan, MD
Sherman Plastic Surgeon

Axillary Breast

What you have is axillary breast tissue.  This is not an uncommon problem.  Insurance may cover removal.  Obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to get the answers you need.

Arm Lift

Thank you for your question. You are not alone! I have operated on multiple women with your same concern. In my experience the best procedure for this area is a Brachioplasty or Arm Lift. This will improve the contour and remove the excess skin and fat. I include liposuction with my Arm Lifts to help define and contour the skin. If this is the only area of concern on your arm it is possible to confine the scar to your armpit only. This is a great option for those they may not be comfortable with a full arm lift scar. In my experience this is a cosmetic surgery and not covered by insurance.

As always, it is best to schedule an in office exam with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to review your options and come up with a plant that is designed for you.

Good Luck!