Which procedure would be best for me, liposuction, tummy tuck, or mini tummy tuck? (Photo)

I have excess inner thigh and tummy fat (tummy fat is my most important issue). I have had two children (ages 6&10) and am a 26 year old female (27 in August). Would lipo or Tummy tuck be better and if tummy tuck would I be good candidate for mini tuck???

TT

You have excess skin. Getting rid of the fat with lipo will not yield good results.
A TT is in order with lipo of the flanks.
Check our before and after pictures.
The TTs performed in our clinic are as good as the one performed by the top PS in LA.

Tummy Time

Tummy tuck and Lipo is likely your best option to acheive outstanding results. Lipo alone will improve your appearance with less downtime and minimal scaring. Mini tummy tuck is an option and will be somewhere between Lipo and a traditional tummy tuck regarding results. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Full TT and Lipo

Hello and thanks for reach out to RealSelf.  You would best be served with a full TT and liposuction of the back and flanks. Your excess skin and fat can be removed. Your muscles will be tightened. Look forward to great results. 

Dr. B

Lipo, tummy tuck, or mini tummy tuck?

Hi and thank you for providing photos with your question. Assuming you are finished having children, I would suggest a full tummy tuck to repair the muscle separation and remove the excess skin. I would need to examine your inner thighs in person to determine if you were a good candidate for liposuction in that area, as the quality of the skin must be good for optimal results. Good luck!

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Full TT and Lipo

Hello and thank you for your question! After two pregnancies, I agree that a full tummy tuck is generally the best surgery for optimal results. This will repair the abdominal muscle separation that occurs with pregnancy. Liposuction will only remove fat; not excess skin, so it is ideal for your thighs, but not for your abdomen. Of course a thorough exam is necessary to finalize the plan, but based on your pictures, my suggestion would be full tummy tuck and liposuction of the inner thighs. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck!

Tummy tuck variations vs. lipo: how to decide

An in-person exam is always best, but there are several variations of tummy tucks to consider and it is skin elasticity that determines whether lipo alone would work. The most likely plan for you would be a tummy tuck and lipo of the thighs.

Richard Baxter, MD

Which procedure would be best for me, liposuction, tummy tuck, or mini tummy tuck

Thank you for your question. Based on the pictures, Full Tummy Tuck will give optimal result. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Which procedure would be best for me, liposuction, tummy tuck, or mini tummy tuck?

These questions cannot be answered completely without an exam, but vbased on your photos you would get an excellent result from a full TT and a lesser result from anything else. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Tummy tuck

In my opinion I would do a full tummy tuck and lipo of your flanks and lipo of your medial thighs.  You look very similar to the case I am about to start this morning!   You would benefit the most with a nice tummy tuck and plication of the muscles. The lipo of the sides gives you some contour and the medial thighs undo all the time. You should do great .  Look for a board certified plastic surgeon

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

Tummy Tuck vs Mini-Tummy Tuck vs Liposuction

Thank you for your question.  Deciding which of these procedures you need(tummy tuck, lipo or mini-tummy tuck) all comes down to the relationship of how much extra abdominal skin and fat you have. Based upon your pictures I would say you have some extra skin, but an in person consultation would be necessary to decide what procedure would be best for you.  Both types would offer the benefit of tightening your abdominal muscles which appear stretched apart in your photo. Overall I would say that you are a great candidate for one of these procedures because you are young, healthy and at your goal weight. Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon. Hope this helps.

Evan W Beale, MD