Juvaderm settle in strangely. (photo)

Had one syringe injected 12 days ago. Did not make fuller, but more pointy just at the lip line. Doesn't seem right. Doc says that's how it should look

Juvaderm settle in strangely.

Thank you for your question and photograph.  One of the best attributes of dermal fillers in the lips is that they can be placed in different anatomic portions of the lip to enact different overall effects.  For example, the filler can be placed around the edges of the lips where the red of the lip meets the white of the normal skin to add definition and plumpness, while placement into the red of the lip alone can effect an overall increase in fullness and pout.  It appears that your injector did the former when you were more desiring of the latter.  Voice your concerns to your injector, they should be willing to work with you to obtain a result more on par with your desired appearance. 

Lip Swelling/Bumps After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

If you are unhappy with juvederm into the lips please reverse the fillers or add more to even it out.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm in the lips

Thank you for your question jennynm. Juvederm is a filler that can be used to enhance the lips. It can be placed in different areas depending on the person. For example it can improve the volume overall, enhance the inner portions, enhance the cupids bow, enhance the borders, etc. The great thing about Juvederm is that it is reversible. Also if the desired result is not achieved more can be added. When consulting with my patients I ask what their goals are so that we are on the same page when doing any treatment. This is important so that the results are what my patient desires. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

How to Improve #Juvederm #Lip Injections

There are a couple of issues with your lip results. First, the peaks of Cupid's bow are more separated than is ideal. There is probably not much that can be done with that but removing some of the product at the G-K points will likely camouflage that issue. Second, there is a loss of the red lip pigmentation in the center part of your lip which makes the lip lines look unusual. I wonder if you have a pre-existing scar there? Does lipstick camouflage this and create a lip that seems prettier to you? Regardless of what your injector thinks a lip should look like, they should take your concerns into consideration and modify the result. Best.Stephen Weber MD, FACSDenver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip filler question

I think the filler needs to be placed in the mid upper lip. There is minimal red lip showing there. There is a natural tubercle there and it is now obscured. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm lip injection results

Filler can be injection along the lip border to provide the lips with definition/shape and it can be injected into the body of the lips to provide volume and to plump the lips. I usually like to categorize patients lip filler candidates into 1 of 3 categories: 

1. Patients who have good lip volume but poor definition
  2. Patients who have inadequate lip volume but good definition
  3. Patients who have inadequate lip volume and poor definition

Based on the single photo you have provided, I believe you have good definition but need more volume. I would followup with an experienced injector for an in-person consultation and possible additional filler injection into the body of the lips.