14 week tightness

I am now 14 weeks post Tummy Tuck. I still feel extreme tightness in the area below my belly button. Not the skin, underneath - I guess the muscles/tissues. It also still looks somewhat swollen in that area. I feel relief when wearing the binder but frankly I am tired of wearing it. Is this normal in this time frame?

Tight lower abdominal muscles and swelling many months after tummy tuck surgery.

Greetings,   Your continuing tightness and apparent swelling should be discussed with your plastic surgeon when you go for a follow-up appointment.   Swelling for months after a tummy tuck can occur, but only with a re-examination can you be sure that this is normal for you.   Your surgeon can also evaluate the effectiveness of your garment.  Good luck with your ongoing healing.   Best Regards,

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Tightness after tummy tuck

Thanks for your inquiry but without a picture or exam it is impossible to advise about your particular situation.  It is not uncommon however to have some swelling for several months and tightness as well.  Please discuss with your plastic surgeon. Good Luck.  

Tightness After Tummy Tuck

Thanks for your question! While it is normal to feel some tightness (because of muscle tightening) after a tummy tuck for up to a year, I would definitely see your plastic surgeon again to investigate this, and rule out any kind of fluid collection (seroma) or coincidental hernia. Best of luck to you!

Robert P. Schmid, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon