Small girl with no tone for BBL?

I'm a small framed, Asian 34 year old, that weighs 120 and 5'2. Yet I have no time to my body at all. I'm interested in the BBL. but my friends tell me I don't have enough to fat! I don't want to spend all of this money, for my butt to shrink back to the same size after the swelling goes down. Should I take weight gainer shakes? Also should I do squats prior to my surgery? Help!

Small Frames, Low Weights, and BBL

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist.   Based on your height and weight; your BMI is 21.9.  This is at the lower end for a BBL.  There is a limit to how much weight you can gain and still have it be effective for the surgery.  If you are looking at moderate change in butt volume, size, and/or bubbliness then I think you should be OK.  If you want a significantly large, round, or bubbly butt then I think you will need the addition of an implant with the fat grafting.  It is difficult for me to comment further without seeing images/etc. Please reach out if you have any further questions.  Best of Luck!   Sincerely, Matthew J. Nykiel, M.D. #RealSelfTopDoctor #RealSelfCoreDoctor “THE” Butt Doctor Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Cosmetic Fellowship Trained Surgeon

BBL candidate

You may need to gain some weight in order to have a good outcome considering about 30-40% of the injected fat will shrink in the first few months. Consult with a few plastic surgeons in your area for a thorough exam and review of your goals.
Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

BBL for petite Asian woman

I absolutely discourage you from gaining weight.  Often, very petite women can also get an excellent result. You need a consultation to determine if you are a good candidate.

Dennis Dass, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.
I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring.  The amount of enhancement possible depends on how much fat can be harvested from your body.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

BBL and 120 pounds

It is likely that you do not have enough fat for transfer to make a difference. Please consider a buttocks augmentation with an implant. We perform this procedure routinely. Please see results below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

BBL Candidate

Hello, thanks for your inquiry. Although your weight and height suggest that you don't have enough fat, it is not certain without images or even better with an in person consultation. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Small girl with no tone for BBL?

It is best for you to find a board certified PS in your area that does a lot of this procedure and have them examine you. There is not a magic size or weight to get a nice result. There are so many factors that go into this including: how much excess fat you have in the areas to be liposuctioned, your current buttocks shape and size, and most importantly your goals or expectations. I have done this procedure on woman with a similar BMI as you and they were very happy.

Sufficient fat for a BBL

BMI or weight alone is not sufficient to determine if someone is a good candidate for either liposuction or a BBL.
Santa distribution is by far more important. In other words, where someone carries their body fat.
Some people may not have sufficient amounts of fat for an ideal BBL.

Some enhancement as possible and everyone.

It becomes a matter of how much improvement as possible. Perhaps someone does not have enough fat for the ideal outcome but they may be able to obtain a moderate enhancement.

For some people this is sufficient to justify having a procedures while for others it may not be.

This is where the importance of having an in person consultation becomes so important.

I personally do not recommend patients try to gain weight before a BBL to just lose the weight after the procedure.

Exercise is always a good idea.

Developing enough muscle bulk to give gluteal volume can be challenging especially for women who tend not to develop bulky muscles from weight training 

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD