I had a consultation for CoolSculpting. Dr suggests 12 large & 4 small areas. Cost $10,000. Is this a reasonable price? (Photo)

Would I be better off doing regular lipo?? The thing is im looking for noninvasive treatments. I've lost over 60lbs in the past 10 years. I've struggled with my midsection the most. It's just soft & flabby, never could fully "lose" in that area. I don't even care about my stretch marks anymore, I just want a flat, toned stomach to feel comfortable naked and look great at the beach. I'm 28 & have never been able to look sexy in a bathing suit. Help!!

Coolsculpting

Hi,

Zeltiq usually sets the base price, however, prices range from clinic to clinic. You can visit zeltiq website to see which doctor is near you. It is important to have the procedure done with a doctor who is experienced in cool sculpting.

The cost of Coolsculpting depends on how many areas you are having treated. Each area can vary from $600 to $750 dollars. You should speak to your practitioner about how many sessions you will need on each area as well so that you have realistic financial and aesthetic expectations.

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

Thank you for your question.  CoolSculpting is a great technology that can permanently eliminate stubborn fat cells.  Ideal candidates generally have pinchable fat that they are having trouble losing.  There are two methods to CoolSculpting that can be considered.  First, some patients need to go through a “debulking phase” to decrease the amount of tissue in the area.  This is often done with the larger applicators.  After the results of that phase are seen, typical 2-3 months, the “contouring phase” is often necessary.  This entails using the smaller applicators to create the desired contour of the body. 

There is one concern that should be addressed. CoolSculpting does not do anything to improve skin laxity.  After experiencing significant weight loss as you had mentioned, CoolSculpting may increase the appearance of skin looseness as more fat cells are eliminated.  If you are looking for a nonsurgical option for fat loss and understand the limitations of skin laxity, CoolSculpting is a great option.  If you have reservations about loose skin, it may be wise to get a second opinion from a plastic surgeon who can discuss the surgical options in depth.

Kind regards,

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

I had a consultation for CoolSculpting. Dr suggests 12 large & 4 small areas. Cost $10,000. Is this a reasonable price?

If you are going to spend that amount on Coolsculpting you might as well consider a tummy tuck procedure. Which will give you better results. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Liposuction is a better option when compared to coolsculpting

Hello and thanks for your question.
I think that is not reasonable.
Based on your photo you can achieve better results and outcome with liposuction.
The cost would be lower and you don't have to keep going back for more treatments.
Dr Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting costs

Coolscupting treatments at our practice start at $700.

The cost for Coolsculpting starts at $700 for a cycle of CoolCore, CoolCurve, or Coolfit.

The cost for Coolsculpting with Coolsmooth Pro starts at $750.

The cost for Coolscupting will be $1200 for a cycle of Coolmax.

A patient may need multiple cycles to achieve the optimal treatment.

We are currently running a special where a patient who purchases 1 cycle, can get a 2nd cycle 50% off.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

:  had a consultation for CoolSculpting. Dr suggests 12 large & 4 small areas. Cost $10,000. Is this a reasonable price? (Photo)

It depends on your goals. Non-surgical fat reduction with CoolSculpting will allow a 20-30 % (on average) reduction of fat within 1-3 months. If you have any droopy skin on the abdomen you may note some improvement but Coolsculpting is not a skin tightening procedure. If you are looking for a more significant improvement or significant skin tightening then a liposuction procedure will allow for the greatest volume of fat reduction. If there is significant skin excess then liposuction with a tummy tuck will give allow for the most significant improvement resulting in a flat tummy.

Honestly, at age 28, if you are willing to undergo surgery, your optimal result will come from lipoabdominoplasty (liposuction and tummy tuck). This procedure will reduce volume, shape, and remove the excess skin. And the result being a flat tummy. The good news if you are not ready to take the leap into a surgical procedure, CoolSculpting can help reduce the volume and if carefully done can assist with shape. If however, once the CoolSculpting is performed if you desire more of a result then liposuction with tummy tuck is what I would recommend.

Coolsculpting and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

Based on your photos you need liposuction with tummy tuck to really get improvement.  I would save your money to get a significant life change than just a small result.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting Consultation

You need to be realistic about what can be accomplished with non-surgical treatments such as CoolSculpting. You are not going to get a flat, toned stomach with a single round of CoolSculpting. However, you will lose about 20-25% of the fat. You will need multiple treatments for optimal results. If you are not opposed to surgery then that is the best way to get the dramatic results you desire. If you have any doubts about the consultation you were given then I would recommend getting a second opinion. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpting with multiple applications

The pricing is fair for the amount of treatment you are getting. As one doc pointed out. A tummy tuck would achieve better results for similar pricing. If you don't want surgery, that amount is fair. I don't think you will need that many either.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Reasonable CoolSculpting Price

Hello and thank you for reaching out. Depending on how much each treatment is priced at, the quote of near $10,000 may just be the correct amount. If you are looking for completely flat and toned to help with the areas that the gym wasn't able to fix, I would suggest a tummy tuck. I realize you are looking for noninvasive, but for the amount of money you would pay in CoolSculpting, you would be likely to have a full tummy tuck as well. Your results would be an abdomen as tight and as flat as your surgeon could physically get you, and that includes the tightening of the skin as well. CoolSculpting is not FDA approved to tighten skin, although so patients may see a small amount, it will not be compete with the results of the tummy tuck. I would consider both options before committing to CoolSculpting. Best Wishes.