Aside from my wounds underneath the breast, does the rest of the incisions look to be healing well? (photos)

Now I'm paranoid about my healing process after developing opening wounds other my breast. Do my scars look like they are forming normal? Also, I feel now my breast look droopy again. Is this temporary? I'm one month post breast lift. I'm very worried about getting keloid or hypertrophic scars. Please give your insight on my healing process!!

Post-Op Healing

Over time, gravity will continue to have an effect and the breast skin will tend to stretch. The degree of #stretching and #sagging varies between women: generally, women with smaller breasts experience less recurring sagging. If sagging does occur, further excision of the skin on an outpatient basis can be used to correct the problem. Heavy and large breasts may lead to recurrent sagging and may require the removal of a small amount of breast tissue to achieve an optimal shape and size. One key to a satisfying result is realistic expectations.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk. Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible. Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem.  The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”.  These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

Now, if you find that you are greatly concerned about the healing process you are facing it would be good to schedule another follow-up with your surgeon to have the area examined to make sure that healing is progressing properly. Remember that these follow-ups are included in the cost of your procedure, and you are still early in the healing process. Good luck!

the incisions appear to be healing well for now based upon the photos provided. As for the look, the breasts do not look saggy, realize whenever having a breast lift the only way to get good upper pole fullness is to either use a mesh(internal bra) or more likely an implant. It appears you underwent a straight forward mastopexy, your nipples are in a reasonable position and the shape of your breasts will continue to round out over the next several months. Best of luck healing the rest of the way, if you have any significant concerns, please contact your surgeons office so they can assist you.

Breast lift

The incisions that are seen look like they are healing well.  Best of luck with your results...................

Wound healing

Thanks for reaching out.  It does look like your wounds are healing well. They will go thru a series of changes in which they will start off red and inflamed then begin to settle.  Over the course of a year they will begin to fade.

I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon