Nose injury.

Hi. I injured my nose a week ago. Now that the swelling is gone. My nose feels slightly crooked on the top of my nose. Looks like a tiny hump from the side. Breathing is alright( but I am aware of my breathing; which is not normal). I need to know what my next step is. Don't know if I should go to ER, nose doctor, or a plastic surgeon. Afraid I would need a surgery. Thank u in advance

Evaluation for nasal injury

It's always best to be evaluated in the office setting after trauma to the nose so as to document the degree of injury to the nose. Trauma can cause a non-displaced fracture, a displaced nasal fracture, disrupt the upper lateral cartilages off of the nasal bone, and cause a deviated nasal septum. Each one of these issues are treated differently. Make an appointment with an ENT/facial plastic surgeon to get a thorough examination of the internal and external of the nose.

Possible Nasal Fracture

I recommend you see a plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon who specializes in nasal surgery as soon as possible; you will have more treatment options the sooner you're examined.

A nasal fracture ?

How about seeing a doctor who specializes in noses -- either a board certified plastic surgeon or an ENT MD. We cant make diagnoses from afar. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Nose injury

Hello and thank you for your question. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Nasal trauma

You should probably go to a plastic surgeon. He will likely send you for an x-ray as well.  If the nose is not fractured then the bump may be soft tissue swelling.  If the nose is crooked thence might want to operate to reduce the fracture. Best of luck.

Nasal fracture timing

After fracturing your nose it is best to see a surgeon within 7-10 days. Nasal fractures become more difficult to fix after 2 weeks, so you need to see someone quickly so there is enough time to schedule your repair procedure before it sets. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon