Why would a doctor decide not to repair the lower abdomen muscles?

I am confused. I'm 7 weeks tummy tuck post op. I am 5'4",122 pounds.I had a huge muscle separation, that use to cause a buldge above my bb.I didn't have fat above my bb.Now it looks like I will be left with a pouch.I feel like the repair was done above my new belly button but not below it.I believe that if the muscle repair was done as planned, then that would've left more room to pull down the skin so that my old belly button scar wouldn't be so bold. Will a revision will benefit my concerns?

Post-Op Healing From Tummy Tuck

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.Now, you may be back to full activity, but there is still a need to be patient with the swelling that may remain at times during the coming months. However, definitely if pain or other problems arise that cause additional difficulty you should not hesitate to contact your surgeon to have a live evaluation of the area for proper healing. Best of luck!

Tummy Tuck

Please be patient. It has only been 7 weeks and some of the "pooch" may be residual swelling. But you would be a good candidate for revision and potential correction of any muscle deformity on the future. I recommend routine follow-up with your plastic surgeon to determine the best time for a revision. Best wishes.

Tummy tuck question

This is really a question that only your surgeon can answer. In general, the only reason not to perform a repair underneath the belly button is because there is not muscle separation that would benefit from it. If your abdominal wall muscles are still lax following your surgery a revision to further tighten them can be considered. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.