Not happy with results. What should I do? (Photo)

I had breast replacement and a lift in May, not happy with the results I saw the Dr and he said we can fix it with surgery that my skin is thin . I'm not happy about going under and my job requires me to lift people and already used my days to heal, My husband is irrate and said he couldn't do it right the first time and he should have known your skin before surgery. He wants to be reimbursed and not have that Dr . do the work.

Unhappy with Results - Revision?

I am definitely sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your results, and like the others mentioned the final results are in fact not a finite determination before surgery begins. Revision is always an option but that would be an issue to be worked out amongst the three of you. I wish you the best and hope it works out well.

Not happy with results. What should I do?

Without seeing your pictures from before surgery, it is hard to comment. However, in any case, the final results are not possible to predict and revisions may be needed. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Revision breast implants

I'm sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory outcome of your breast surgery. Without a preoperative photograph to compare to, it's hard to assess the quality of the result. In my experience, large implants and breast lifts do not do well together. Maybe this is the" thin skin" component your physician is talking about. A calm, non-accusatory meeting with your plastic surgeon to discuss what the possibilities of a revision to reach your goals, may be your best bet. Certainly you can get a second opinion, but the cost may be significantly more as this surgeon essentially is starting over. Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment after breast surgery. Unfortunately, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be your best resource here. Best to address your concerns and goals directly with your plastic surgeon and/or seek in person second opinion consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with revision breast surgery.  Nothing replaces in-person evaluation,  careful examination in front of a full length mirror, and careful communication of concerns and goals (often best done with the help of goal photographs). I would suggest that you and your husband communicate your concerns in a calm/constructive fashion; this form of communication tends to be most helpful.
Generally speaking, patients undergoing breast augmentation/mastopexy surgery should understand this operation is complex;  additional/revisionary breast surgery is not infrequently necessary (regardless who did the initial operation).  It will be important that you feel comfortable that your plastic surgeon has demonstrable experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Hopefully, working together, you will come up with the best course of action to improve your outcome. Best wishes.