I just got a half syringe of Juvederm on Monday. It's now Wednesday morning. Does it look good? (Photo)

I just got my juvederm injections on Monday they looked good just swollen at first and she thought I wouldn't bruise. The night of I looked like this. Now this morning I kinda still have that bump with the bruise there you can see when I smile. Does it look good? Will the bump go away?

Juvederm for lips

It takes about two weeks for bruising and swelling to subside after Juvederm for the lips.  If you are not happy at that time, please return to your doctor for assessment.

Toronto Dermatologist

Swelling and lumps after Juvederm

Thank you for your question plasticsurgerymaybe. Juvederm is a filler used to enhance the face. Swelling, lumps, and bruising can happen with any injection and usually lasts no more than two weeks. For my patients I recommend gently massaging the area for 5 minutes at a time, 5 times per day, for the first 5 days. This will smooth out the material and address lumps. In our office we have patients return two weeks after the treatment once the swelling has subsided to take after pictures and assess the final results. Patience is important. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Swelling and bruising after lip injections

Hello! Thank you for your question, and for sharing your pictures! Please do not get too worried yet. Swelling after injections can be asymmetric, distorting borders, and making the making the lip look flat out weird for a few days. Give your lips and the filler a little bit of time to become acquainted - this kind of bruising and lumpiness almost always evens out on its own in a few days with icing and arnica. If after about two weeks you feel like you can still see a bump, your practitioner can usually massage it out with a 15 minute visit, and if that does not work they can dissolve some of the filler. However - I think your lips look lovely and that will all smooth out on its own in 7-10 days. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Lip

Two days out from filler is too early to tell. The lips are often quite swollen.  Best of luck with your results....

Juvederm lip injections

Bruising can occur after lip injections. This is nothing out of the ordinary. It should all get better within 10 days. If you have questions after that discuss with your doctor. We use a laser to improve bruising. Arnica will help too. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD