Do I need a breast lift? (photo)

Do I need a breast lift?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Breast lift

No-one ever needs surgery but if you want to reduce or lift the nipple areola complex higher then this is something to discuss with your PS. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a breast lift?

The photo is a little off center, but it does appear that you might benefit from revision surgery to further lift the breasts and reduce the left side to match the right. It would be a good idea to discuss with your surgeon so you are both on the same page. I would also recommend waiting for further healing before reoperating on the breasts.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift questions

Based on your photo, it appears that you have had a breast reduction surgery recently.  Your upper body is uneven in the photo so that does affect the picture, however the right breast is considerably larger and  lower than the left.  A revision breast lift and right breast reduction should be able to provide reasonable symmetry if done properly by an experienced plastic surgeon.

Frank Barone, MD
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

The photo appears a bit distorted and an exam in person and a discussion of your goals would be necessary to determine if a lift regions is necessary.  Good luck.

Breast asymmetry

You will need a revision reduction mamaplasty to your left breast to reduce asymmetry. 
Good luckDrBurnett#realself100

Yes, a breast lift would be useful for you because of the excess skin that is shown from your photograph 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

What are you goals?

You appear to have had a breast lift in past. You have significant breast asymmetry and large breasts. A repeat lift reduction is probably the way to go. A copy of the "operative report" from your prior operation needed to further reduce risks of surgery. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon