Botched lift? (Photo)

If this was your client 2 months post implant replacement and lift how would you feel about your work? I've seen 2 local Dr.s that tell me if it wasn't for the scars it doesn't even look like I had a lift.

Botched lift?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures. At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Breast lifts can be revised, fortunately, so you can still (hopefully) get the result you are looking for

Actually your scars look normal. You are still large. Do you want to be that large? Your result certainly is not terrible (certainly not botched) and it is unfair to look at the after photos without seeing the before photos. You could have your lift tightened and the left nipple elevated a little to improve symmetry. Revisions are common in plastic surgery. Have you talked to your surgeon about your concerns? Some examples of my own results are available on my website.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Botched lift?

Without a good set of pre-op (all views) and post-op photos (all views)- it's difficult to comment accurately. Keep in mind that the quality of the lift can be compromised when excessively large implants are used at the same time, which appears to be the case here. Although, your nipple does not appear to point downward- the position of the nipple/ areolae could be higher and perkier if you had smaller implants.

It is impossible to comment on your result without seeing your pictures before and after. The photos should not be selfies. It is very important that one does not place the nipples too high as this is more difficult to correct and this has not occurred. Certainly the implants have dropped and there is asymmetry - but some of this is as a result of the non standardised photos. You need to see your PS and discuss your concerns. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Pre-op Photos?

Both of your photos are post op right?  If the photo on the left is pre-op, then I agree you have minimal results.  If both are post-op, then you could have had an amazing result, or minimal result.  Without a pre-procedure photo to compare it to, it's unfortunately impossible to say.  Best of luck to you!

Nicholas Husni, MD, PhD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon