How long does it take for the space from premolar extraction to be filled by the remaining teeth once braces are on?

I'm getting 2 premolars removed in my top teeth, and am wondering how long would it take for the gap created by this to be filled in by braces?

Orthodontics vs Orthopedics. Underdeveloped Maxilla is cause of crowding, best to correct the cause of crowding.

I would seek a second opinion before amputating two of your teeth.  Insufficient room for teeth indicates an underdeveloped maxilla.  Contraction Orthodontics  is finally losing ground to Expansion Orthopedics or airway centric occlusion.

When you  have an underdeveloped maxilla that can be orthopedically grown either with the DNA Appliance and Epigenetic Orthodontics/Orthopedics or with a SARPE procedure.

Avoid anyone who advises extracting teeth to make room. Removing teeth can lead to Snoring, sleep apnea, headaches, migraines and TMJ dysfunction. You are very wise to want to avoid extractions.

Creating a more physiologic airway gives the best and healthiest results.

Ira L Shapira DDS, D,ABDSM, D,AAPM, FICCMO
Chair, Alliance of TMD Organizations
Diplomat, American Academy of Pain Management
Diplomat, American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
Regent & Fellow, International College of CranioMandibular Orthopedics
Board Eligible, American Academy of CranioFacial Pain
Dental Section Editor, Sleep & Health JournalMember, American Equilibration Society
Member, Academy of Applied Myofunctional Sciences