When Will The Ideal Implant Be Available?

I read an article about a new breast implant called the Ideal Implant, and was wondering when it will be made available to the public? Also, do you think it's all it's cracked up to be?

The Ideal Breast Implant

The Ideal breast implant is a saline implant that has been in development since 2006. It is presently in clinical trials. That means it could be available within several years or never. Although the name of this implant sounds great, the new cohesive gel silicone implants presently available from 3 different manufacturers are just about as close to "ideal" as possible. Unlike saline implants, if a tear develops in the shell, they will not cause you to lose your breast volume. Unlike the previous gel implants, the gel is relatively cohesive and, therefore, less likely to be a problem if their shell becomes torn. In addition to a much better implant than previously, we now have information on technical modifications of the surgery itself which can significantly improve outcomes. I would, therefore, suggest that you choose a board certified plastic surgeon who keeps up with the changes in technique and modifies their surgery accordingly. They should, ideally, use a cohesive gel silicone implant inserted through an inframammary incision with the nipple excluded from the surgical field and use antibiotic irrigation of the pocket. To speed your recovery, they should also dissect the pocket in which the implant is placed under direct vision using a cautery rather than by blunt dissection.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Ideal Implant is now available in Toronto

i am very excited by this new implant.  I think it's going to be a game changer.  All the benefits of a silicone without the need for a silicone.  Starting now, sept 2015 we'll be the first clinic in Toronto to offer this new breast implant.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Ideal Implant

It's hard to tell when these will be available. In the past, when a new implant was in it's study phase, and I am referring to the cohesive gel implants from Mentor and Allergan, things were very "hush hush". Even the reps would act as if they knew nothing. Then, with no warning, a press release would announce the availability of the implants. I would recommend you contact one of their investigator surgeons (there's a list of them on their website) if you live near one and see what they have to say.

The Ideal Breast Implant is Available!

The Ideal Implant, a revolutionary new design in breast implants is now available to the general public.  This implant is a "structured" saline filled implant that combines the positive attributes of both saline and silicone breast implants.  The patient has the piece of mind that it the implant ruptures, since only saline solution will be released into the body and is absorbed with no adverse consequences.  These implants also are "structured", meaning that they have a special reinforced design that prevents the caving and rippling that is sometimes seen with traditional saline breast implants, particularly in extremely lean individuals, or when an excessively large implant is used.  Also, the Ideal Implant has several "baffles" within the implant that prevents the normally  rapid movement of saline from one part of the implant to another, thus giving the Ideal Implant a more viscous feel, similar to a silicone gel implant.  I have been using these implants in my practice for some time now and have been very impressed at how natural these implants are.  In my opinion, they give a more natural result than the highly cohesive silicone implants, which tend to feel firmer than natural breast tissue.

Ideal Implant

The Ideal Implant is available.  The implant is made to feel and look like the silicone alternative but it is saline. 

John Burns, MD

The Ideal Implant is currently available in Santa Barbara

The Ideal Implant is currently available throughout the United States- my practice provides this type of breast implant to patients in Santa Barbara and the surrounding areas of Central California.  While not all plastic surgeons have access to the Ideal Implant, you can find a surgeon on their website who can provide this new product.  The Ideal Implant does feel much better than saline implants, and ripples much less.  It is a fantastic option for patients who are looking for a natural feeling breast augmentation but don't want the maintenance of getting MRIs to check on their silicone gel implants.

Ideal Implant Now Available

The Ideal Implant, the newest and most unique saline breast implant in decades is now available for use.  This saline implant offers all the advantages of a silicone implant but without the silicone!  This implant has two chambers separated by internal baffles that control the position and movement of saline, so the implant does NOT have the rippling or waviness previously associated with other saline implants, and the "feel" of it is extremely like a silicone implant.  The Ideal Implant has received it's FDA approval and is now available to the public.  For the first six months of it's release, the number of plastic surgeons who have access to it is limited due to manufacturing limits, but I am able to order them for my patients, and I have already used the Ideal Implant for patients with very nice results.

Richard G. Schwartz, MD

The FDA cleared, IDEAL structured saline breast implant is now available at many board certified plastic surgeons offices throughout the country.  In my practice I have had the opportunity to offer the IDEAL implant to my patients and thus far, have been very satisfied with the results. The IDEAL implant is saline filled, but offers multiple lumens and baffles that make it feel more like a silicone gel implant, without the concern of leakage.  I typically use a transaxillary approach to breast augmentation where there is a small incision made under the armpit and leaves no visible scar on the breast.  We have been able to continue to use the transaxillary approach with the IDEAL implant, which in my practice, is very successfu.  You can go the IDEAL implant website to find out who offers the implant in your area.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

The Ideal Breast Inplant is now available

Ideal breast implant launched this month and is now available. It has a better look and feel than traditional saline implants but the same peace of mind.  I believe it will be very well received. 

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Ideal Implant FDA Approved

The Ideal Implant is now FDA approved in the US!  The Ideal Implant is a saline filled implant that has multiple lumens and baffles that make behave similar to a silicone implant.  This implant offers another option for women who like the natural look and feel of silicone implants, but are worried about silent rupture.  The implants should be available by May 2015 and will only be available from board certified plastic surgeons.  

Trey Aquadro, M.D.
Auburn, AL