When will Juvederm Volbella be available in the US?

I have been looking into lip fillers for awhile, and just have been unimpressed with the duration in which they last. I heard Juvederm came out with a new product called Volbella that is suppost to last longer in the lips, but it seems its available every where but the US. Does it look like it might become available in the near future?

FDA Approved: Placement has to be meticulous!

Juvederm Volbella XC is now FDA approved and available in the United States and is indicated for perioral rhytids (vertical lip lines) and can subtly and softly enhance the lip volume. This product has to be expertly and meticulously placed in order to provide optimal results. The ratio of product also has to be proportioned based upon your individual anatomy as to avoid the "duck" look. Again ,a skilled injector will have the aesthetic eye for your unique assessment. It is important to find a provider who is top in your region or even country through Allergan, the makers of Juvederm Volbella XC. My practice has been within the top 1% provider of Juvederm and Botox for over a decade. Although tutorials are offered via Allergan, the delicate nature of this product placement requires advanced injector technique.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Volbella is now available to a select group of doctors – you have to first listen to a 30 minute video for specific training on Volbella and pass a quiz. Ours is being delivered today!

Suzanne Kilmer, MD
Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Volbella

I have been using Juvederm Volbella for about 8 months since it was first approved in Canada. It is a thinner version of Voluma, which was recently approved in the US, but we have had it in Canada for more than 3 years. Volbella is a great product for defining lips and smoothing lip lines, but it really is not for plumping up the lips and giving much volume.  I still use Juvederm Ultra or Ultra Plus for enhanced volume.  If you are interested in enhancing your lips, don't wait for Volbella.  Try one of the other hyaluronic acid fillers.  

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Volbella Availability

Volbella is now available in the U.S and is FDA approved. Consult with a board certified provider to find the best option for your lips.

Renee Burke, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Volbella

Thank you for your question.  This treatment is now available in the US and is FDA approved.  

Volbella

Juvederm Volbella is now available for doctors in the United States.  It was approved by the FDA in June 2016 and now is released for use by trained injectors. It is approved for use for fine lines and the lips.  

Volbella is now available in October, 2016

Volbella is one of the newest hyaluronic acid gel fillers FDA approved in the U.S.  It is approved for lip augmentation and perioral lines or perioral rhytides.  It is a soft gel that is touted to last one year in the lips.  More to come.

Sanjay Grover, MD

When will Juvederm volbella be available in the US?

Thank you for sharing your question and I can understand your frustration with short term results.  Volbella should be approved for surgeon use in October of 2016.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.

Volbella in the United States and expected Release

Volbella is expected to be released in October 2016. I am very excited about it since it has the same technology as Juvederm Voluma which has become my favorite product. Volbella is a thinner version of Voluma with Vycross technology which is amazing and will be a "game changer" for lip and under eye injections. Please consult an experienced board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.

Vobella Availability

Your wait will soon be over. Vobella was recently FDA approved in the US and should be available this fall, for the treatment of fine lines around the mouth.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon