When I Was 1 I Got Burned from a Water Heater Explosion and I Now Have Scars on my Body How Do I Get?

I have burn scars on my left leg, left arm and back.

Doctor Answers 2


These scars are usually treated with a combination of tissue expansion to recruit more skin and serial excisions

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

Burn scars from a hot water heater when was 1 year old

Without any photos of your old burn scars, it is impossible to make recommendations regarding their treatment. What you should do is to consult with one or more reputable plastic surgeons in your area in order to obtain information which you can then used to determine any potential course of action.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.