I am interested in Fractora Firm tx. Does it really work?

i am interested in fractora firm for my neck/jow /low chin area. does it realty work and what is the best tx. i am not at the point to do plastic surgery yet.

Does Fractora Firm really work?

Fractora Firm is a marketing term that is used more outside of the U.S. than in the U.S. Technically the Fractora Firm is a combination of the Forma and the Fractora. Both are radio frequency applications made by InMode (or Invasix outside of the U.S). The Forma is a very comfortable procedure that is done in a series of treatments, usually 6 for the face/neck and done once a week for 6 weeks. It can also be done without the Fractora portion. The Fractora is a semi-ablative fractionated treatment that helps with fine lines AND tightens skin by creating new collagen. Fractora, as far as I'm concerned, is revolutionary for treating the neck. I've never seen something better for tightening lax skin than the Fractora. You can check out my website for information on how I do neck treatments for this area.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Neck Tightening Procedures, Do They Work?

There are not too many great/fantastic options for neck tightening, besides surgery and plastysmaplasty IF someone is a candidate. Botox works to tighten the muscles of the neck and jawline; fillers into the lateral neck and skin folds work great to fill out lines and give lift; radiofrequency treatments like sublative/viva, laser treatments fraxel/clear and brilliant/co2 help texture and tone as well as give lift; ultrasound (ultherapy) and deep radiofrequency (thermage, velashape, venus legacy etc) can help give tightening and lift as well but often require more than one treatment and are best combined with the other mentioned treatments and by doing the full face rather than just the neck. I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in noninvasive options and thinks outside the box for you. Best, Dr. Emer.

No invasive skin tightening

Speaking from my personal experience, since I have the machine, I have seen great results in tightening up skin that has lot of laxity.    You have to commit to 4 to 6 times of treatment, one to two weeks apart, and on going maintenance program which means once every 3 month you should come in and get a treatment.  Like botox, the effectiveness will wear off and will need to repeat every 3 months.

Erik Suh, MD
Bellevue Family Physician