What Should I Get Done?

I am 43, 69 inches, 150 pounds. I am fit, but have had bad,cellulite my whole life. I have a bit of unwanted fat on my legs and hips as well. Should I just get cellulaze or do it in conjunction with smart or vaser lipo. I could probably lose the weight and just do cellulaze? My cellulite is the number one problem. I am happy with most everything else. my measurements are 34-27-39. Thanks.

Smartlipo Triplex is effective cellulite treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Cellulaze, which is the new machine from Cynosure for treatment of Cellulaze is based on the preperties of the 1440 nm wavelenth and delivery of this energy under the skin using a fiber but no fat removal. Smartlipo Triplex, not only has the 1440 nm wavelenth, but it is able to provide a blend with 1064nm or better thermal coagulation and skin tightening  but it is also geared toward use with liposuction. I believe the Smartlipo Triplex may be more efficient and more affordable way of contouring thighs and reducing cellulite.

Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze

Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.

It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.

Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.

It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser. 

If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years. 

Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure. 

It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or

Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

A Minimally Invasive But Effective Cellulite Treatment

Cellulite affects up to 85% of adult women and can be extremely difficult to #correct. Many treatments are ineffective or take multiple sessions to complete with very temporary results. If you are deemed a candidate, you may benefit from #Cellfina. Cellfina is the newest, most effective FDA approved technology available for treating cellulite. This one-time, minimally invasive procedure takes only 45 minutes to perform, but the results last for a minimum of two years. #Cellfina has the longest lasting results of any current #cellulite treatment. Its approval rate is over 93% here on RealSelf.

Used on #moderate to #severe cellulite of the buttock and thighs, Cellfina works by treating the rubber-band-like connective tissue that causes cellulite. When these “rubber bands” under the skin are cut, the fat trapped underneath in dimples “snaps” back into place, creating a full, smooth appearance.
There is no cutting and no incisions. To perform this controlled, precise, and safe procedure, a vacuum hand piece is placed over the dimpled tissue through which the surgeon will deliver a local anesthetic. Then a small, needle-like #microblade is inserted to release the fibrous bands, the cause of cellulite. Seek more information to learn if you are candidate for #Cellfina by consulting with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon.  

Cellfina is the ONLY Effective Cellulite Treatment That Works!

There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your excellent question.

Cellulaze and Smartlipo

Hello. Good question with no real correct answer. I have done Cellulaze and SmartLipo in the same areas at the same time with very good results. I have also done Smart Lipo first then followed months later with Cellulaze. If you were to stagger them I would do the lipo first as you may get some improvement in shape with this alone or it may reduce the areas in which you are concerned about having Cellulaze. In my practice in the Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what Cellulaze or Smartlipo can do for them. Hope this helps! Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite Treatment

Thank you for your question. There are several treatments to improve cellulite such as Vaser or Vela shape which may require a series of treatments. Combination treatments tend to work best as gradual improvements can be made. I would recommend a consult and treatment under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment options. I hope this helps.

Smartlipo & Cellulaze

I recommend doing both Smartlipo and Cellulaze together. This way you will get rid of your unwanted fat while making the area smoother and tighter. Local anesthesia is performed for both as well as wearing a compression garment.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Cellulaze +/- lipo

Since your main concern is the cellulite, I would recommend Cellulaze for the treatment of it.  It is the only FDA-approved one time minimally invasive treatment for cellulite.  Talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon that has experience with the procedure to find out more information.  Good luck!

Robert Kratschmer, MD