I've had three surgeries and my nose is still twisted and nostrils are not symmetrical? (photo)

I have a crushed graft right now and now I think it's shifted. I feel bumps poking out. I had my last surgery almost 9 years ago. I'm scared of surgery again. What can I do? Can't live with this nose!

Doctor Answers 3

I've had three surgeries and my nose is still twisted and nostrils are not symmetrical?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Filler may be appropriate in your case, but an exam would be necessary to make a determination.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD

Los Angeles, CA

Asymmetries after Three Rhinoplasties

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I'm sorry that your so frustrated but if you "cannot live with this nose" it can be improved with cartilage grafts or fillers to reduce the asymmetries. Obviously you want to consult with a revision specialist.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 42 reviews

Alar pinching after Rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Occasionally rhinoplasty may weaken the lower lateral cartilages causing them to move slightly inward. This may lead to "pinching" or "alar grooves" as well as asymmetry. Revision rhinoplasty with lateral crural strut grafts or batten grafts to the weakened area can correct this. Seek out a rhinoplasty specialist who can demonstrate excellent results in primary and revision surgery. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.