What Can Be Done About This? (photo)

I have one cheek that is a lot thicker than the other and when I smile it doesn't move as much as the other one and is tighter. It has been like this my whole life and it's really starting to bother me because there's such a massive difference! It's mostly obvious when I smile but even when I have a straight face you can kind of see it. What can I do about this? Like, do I need to do some facial muscle stretches or is surgery necessary? Botox?

Doctor Answers 2

Facial asymmetry is common and can be improved with fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Facial asymmetry is common and can be improved with fillers - best to see plastic surgeon near you for an exam - but usually not difficult to make quite a difference with fillers

Cheek Implants??

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Without an examination, it is hard to say what I would do.  You may be a candidate for fillers or cheek implants.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) to discuss your expectations and concerns.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 61 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.