How Can I Get Kim Kardashian's Butt?

I want my tush to look like Kim Kardashian's and everyone says she had a Brazilian butt lift.  Can someone tell me what is a Brazilian butt lift?

How do I make my butt look like Kim Kardashian's?

Hi there-

I wish I could tell you how often I get asked to reproduce the volume and shape of Kim's behind (or J-Lo's, or Shakira's, or the current favorite- Vida Guerra).

There is absolutely no question in my mind that the best first option for the vast majority of women is a Brazilian Butt Lift. In this very cool procedure, we remove fat from areas where it is in excess and unwanted (like your abdomen, waist, hips, arms, and thighs), and graft it into the buttock area. When performed by an experienced and knowledgeable surgeon, this results in a profound and beautiful improvement in the shape of the body (not just in the size of the buttock), because the abdomen, waist, hips, and buttocks now have a more attractive and shapely relationship to each other.

In other words, and in my opinion, the very best Brazilian Butt Lifts will not only increase the size of the behind, but will improve the shape of the whole body through establishment of these new proportions.

The best part? Unlike implants, the butt looks and feels as though you were born with it, because it's made out of you- and it's permanent! While weight loss and weight gain are possible after the operation, the new shape and proportions are retained.

This operation is among those with the very highest level of patient satisfaction of anything I do. It's amazing how many women are unhappy with their backsides... this is a very safe and easy option for helping you be happy with your butt!

Brazilian Butt Lift - Recycling is a good thing!

A Brazilian butt lift is a procedure where fat is removed from other parts of your body by liposuction then, after preparation, injected into the buttocks as needed to increase the volume and lift of the buttocks.

Using your own fat can have some advantages:

• No foreign body
  • Low rate of infection
  • Improved contour to the areas where the fat was harvested from
  • Minimal incisions required

The problems with fat revolve around its relative rate of reabsorption. You may lose half of it within a year, necessitating a repeat grafting session. Areas that are very mobile tend to resorb faster.

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Kardashian-like Buttock with a Brazilian Butt Lift

Brazilian Buttock Lift is a general catch phrase for buttock enhancement using fat transfer technique. It is the most natural way to shae and enlarge the buttocks. There is no foreign object such as an implant in your buttocks because your own fat cells are carefuly injected in multiple layers throughout the buttocks. In order to acquire the dramatic curves of Kim Kardashian, you have to have the proper underlying bone anatomy. Your hip bones should be flared out a bit so that an hourglass shape can be enhanced further with suctioning of fat from specific areas and transferring to your buttock. It is important that your surgeon understands buttock aesthetics. While anyone can just place a bunch of fat into your buttock due to the popularity, this is very technique dependent. In other words, your results will really depend on the skill of your surgeon, his artistic eye (to envision how your final shape should be), and that proper respect and techniques of fat transfer are used. The more fat your have and the more fat that survives, the more Kardashian-like you can be.

One of the key things is to liposuction around and near the aesthetic units of the buttocks. This allows the lower back to have a beautiful curve and the buttocks can then be enhanced further.

The more fat that is available, the more enhancement is possible. This is the one time when you may want to gain weight! The procedure can also be combined with a tummy tuck.

Approximately 50-80% of the fat cells will survive long term. This is great news. Also, if you gain weight afterwards, your buttocks will grow even more.

I am currently working on a chapter for an upcoming aesthetic plastic surgery textbook on the most current techniques.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE DELICATE SURGERY LIKE THIS PERFORMED BY A BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON WHO SPECIALIZES IN THIS PROCEDURE.

Your surgeon should understand buttock aesthetics and some of the success in shaping the buttocks cannot be taught. It is almost instinctual.

Ashkan Ghavami, MD

You can have a buttock like Kim Kardashian with Brazilian Buttock Augmentation

Having seen kim Kardashian's expose' pictures it is hard to believe that they are real! I know that it is very possible to get a buttocks and figure similar to kim Kardashian, since I have had several patients who look like her after I performed Brazilian Buttock Augmentation on them in Los Angeles. There are many talented Board Certified plastic surgeons throughout the US that can also give you a great looking buttocks.

Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Brazilian Buttock Lift for a Kardashian look

Celebrities, such as Kim Kardashian and Jeniffer Lopez, have set a new standard for buttock aesthetics. Patient inquiries for buttock augmentation and lifts have sky-rocketed in my office attesting to the popularity of these procedures. The Brazilian Buttock Lift utilizes your own fat to augment and lift. The amount of fat transferred depends on your goals, available fat, and size of your buttocks, and in my practice ranges from 250 to 1250 cc per side. The entire region can be reshaped through a combination of liposuction of the flanks, waist and thighs and the fat transferred to the buttocks. Liposuction of other areas can contribute to the amount of harvested fat for transfer, and improve overall body contour. Depending on your goals, fat can also be transfer to the hip area in you desire. I spend a great deal of time with my patients prior to the procedure to ensure that I achieve their goals, as the desired buttock shape depends greatly on ethnic and cultural standards of perceived beauty. This procedure, more than any other, has reinforced my belief that communication and listening to my patients is the key to a successful outcome.

Meticulous postoperative care is essential to optimized the "take" of the fat. The buttocks feel a little firmer in the months following the procedure, but this resolves with message and ultrasound treatment. In my opinion, the results are far superior to buttock auction with buttock implants.

I recommend a consultation with a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss the available treatment options.
Best regards, Andrew Lyos, MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

How Brazilian Butt Lift is done is just as important

There are good answers here as to what it is so I won't repeat them.

What you have to be aware of is that how it's done has a tremendous impact on the success or failure of the technique.

The key elements are:

1. Extraction of cells under low pressure so as to avoid damage to the cells.

2. Careful processing of fat cells to eliminate anything other than healthy fat cells. Centrifugation for 3-5 minutes followed by decanting and taking off the oil layer is the gold standard.

3. Microinjection technique to ensure rapid reestablishment of blood supply to the fat cell graft.

4. No sitting or pressure on the buttocks for over 3 weeks after, to prevent damage to the grafted cells.

Check out my video on Brazilian Butt lift methodology.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

Thanks for the question.

I will try to respond to the the questions below as well.

A brazilian butt lift uses liposuction from areas you don't want fat and lipotransfer to permanently augment the areas where you do want additional shape (in this case the buttocks).

Ideal candidates are patients who are close to their ideal body weight, have specific concerns about extra tissue on the tummy or thighs, and desire an improved contour for their buttocks.

The procedure is time intensive and we perform it in a hospital setting. It is outpatient surgery, meaning people go home the day of surgery. Our patients are placed in a compression garment and are given specific instructions for post-op care.

The advantages of this procedure over traditional buttock enhancement techniques include small scars, permanent correction, no implants which can cause problems long term and relatively quick recovery.

Prices vary greatly depending on the nature of the technique and the experience of the surgeon. Prices range from $10K - $18K.

Kim Kardashian look with Brazilian butt lift

A Brazilian butt lift is essentially a fat transfer procedure. What does this mean? During this procedure, fat is harvested through liposuction. It is not only a butt enhancement procedure, but also a total body transformation. Fat is removed from all the stubborn areas like the flanks, abdomen, lower back, and upper back and it is reprocessed and injected into the buttocks to increase its projection and provide a nicer behind.

Kim Kardashian does have a very nice behind but very accentuated curves which give her a dramatic hip to waist ratio. There are various factors that we have to take into consideration in order to accomplish a Kim Kardashian butt. Genetics is a blessing in her case, which provided her the hip bone structure for her curvy figures. This combined with a very prominent butt gives her a very sexy figure. You can tell that genetics is playing a huge factor in her figure if you look at all of her sisters and her mother. They all have a nice behind but not all of them have such a perfect proportion.

You could have this kind of result if you had the bony structure that will accommodate that kind of proportion.

Now, this procedure can give you and transform your body with a better contour and better proportion making your figure very sexy even if you do not have a platform similar to that of Kardashian. Your butt will be bigger and your waist smaller. As I tell all my patients, it is all about proportions how  the buttock will look on you and your body. Having an extremely large behind might not be the best option for you.

What Puts the "POP" in the Kardashian's Booty...or What is a Brazilian Butt Lift

Hi and Great Question!
I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.

A Brazilian Butt Lift or BBL can be thought of as a combination of two procedures: 1) Liposuction and 2) Fat Grafting. In an artistic way, BBL can be thought of as sculpting of the torso and buttocks to refine and create an hour glass with a “bubbly butt”.

Liposuction:
The first portion of the procedure involves liposuction 360 degrees around your torso. The liposuction focus is to sculpt your body in 3D to create an hour glass. This is first done by liposuction of your flanks to create the silhouette of the hour glass. Then the liposuction proceeds to your back and waist to help create that “S” Curve of the back when viewed from the side. In addition, this helps to initially sculpt the “bubble” or the “shelf” in the transition from the back to butt. Next, liposuction proceeds to the inner and outer thighs. Liposuction of the inner thighs helps to create the “thigh gap” which “frames” the butt. This also helps to sculpt and mold the inner gluteal fold. The outer thigh liposuction helps to bring in the thighs just below the hips; a finesse technique that further helps to sculpt the lower hour glass and bring contrast from the hips to thighs. Finally, liposuction is performed on the abdomen to create an elegant and flowing 3D hour glass.

Fat Processing:
After the liposuction, the fat is then prepared to contour and augment the buttocks. In my practice, I take fat preparation very seriously. Studies have been performed showing that the liposuction removed contains 30-70% fluid (NOT Fat!) and fluid will not have a long term effect on your butt. Therefore, I think that fat preparation is imperative.

Fat Transferred:
Once the fat is prepared, I begin by contouring your buttocks in a round or heart shape. Again, this contouring is done as 3D sculpting. So, if viewed from the back, side or angles the butt will have full “bubbly” appearance. After contouring the buttocks, I then utilize the fat to increase the volume and projection. The goal is not to simply increase the volume of the butt; the goal is to also create/sculpt a buttocks with the correct projection. In other words, trying to get the butt to “pop”.
The balance of liposuction, fat grafting, and 3D sculpting is what makes the Brazilian Butt Lift or BBL such a powerful procedure!

Best of Luck!

Sincerely,
Matthew J Nykiel, MD
Butt Augmentation Specialist, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
#RealSelfTopDoctor
#RealSelfCoreDoctor

About Brazilian Butt Lift

The Brazilian Butt Lift is a great procedure for women who want to improve their hip to waist ratio with enlargement of their buttocks and a reduction of their waistline. This gives more of an hourglass shape to your figure. Prior to the Brazilian Buttocks Lift, the only option for women who wanted their buttocks made larger was buttocks implants. Although the results were usually good, many women complain of their buttocks feeling hard or having an unnatural feel or appearance.

The Brazilian Buttocks Lift, on the other hand is all your own tissue, and feels and looks very natural. And since the procedure requires liposuction of the abdomen and waistline to obtain the fat to be transferred to your buttocks, there is the added benefit of a slimmer waistline and a flatter stomach at the same time, thus creating an even more dramatic effect.

But be careful! This procedure has to be done correctly for a good and long lasting result. So, shop around. Be sure your surgeon is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon has a lot of good long term results to show you.

About Kim Kardashian. I couldn't tell you if she has had the procedure or not. Some people are naturally blessed with a great figure.

Good luck to you,

Dr M