What is the Best Treatment for Large Pores?

Hello, I have enlarged/scarred pores. I've had a Micro laser peel, and I've had 3 treatments of Fraxel re:storeTM in the past without any results. What is the best laser or treatment to use on enlarged, scarred pores?

How to reduce large pores?

This video covers all the questions regarding pore size.

I choose a particular laser based upon the size of the pore, skin type of the patient, and expectations.

I find that the most reliable method is with INFINI RF, micron needling using energy. This beats all my Fraxel lasers and chemical peel techniques. Very little downtime, and it is ideal for small to medium size pores.

Chemical peels such as TCA (70-100%) placed focally in the pores is an excellent treatment for large pores.

Pore size reduction treatments should be tailored according to the patient IMO.

Regards
Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia.

Brisbane Dermatologist

Best treatment for large pores?

IMHO, the most cost effective treatment for large pores is an excellent skin health program.  You may not see many other doctors agree with me since this is not a very profitable recommendation.  Once the skin is "conditioned", medium depth chemical peels will be highly effective at giving you the results you are seeking.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fraxel re:pair for enlarged pores

I know that you have not had the results that you were looking for with the previous Fraxel re:store treatments, but the new Fraxel re:pair CO2 laser impressively shrinks skin and tightens pores.

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Treatment for Large Pores

The Halo Laser does an excellent job with large pores. The Halo Laser also precisely targets years of damage to your skin, including: discoloration, sun damage, visible signs of aging, uneven skin tone, poor texture, fine lines, and scar revision. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Microneedling A Good Option for Enlarged Pores

Microneedling treatments work great on enlarged pores and scarring. There is minimal downtime and the treatment is much safer than lasers. Since you’ve already had several laser treatments already, this may be your best option.

Faxel Laser for large pores

Pores may become clogged and result in acne, or can appear as "blackheads," consisting of excess oil accumulation and keratin which turns black when exposed to air. However, even when the pores are free from debris, they can remain noticeable.Fraxel Re:Store erbium laser has expanded the realm of possibility for treatment outcomes. Numerous studies have proven that 3-5 sessions of the Fraxel can produce pores that are histologically, subjectively, and quantitatively smaller and less noticeable

Pore reduction

Pore reduction is best done with any of the "Fractional carbon dioxide lasers. Mixto Microfractional CO2, Fraxel Repair which is a CO2 laser not Fraxel restore (which is a lesser wavelength) are two examples. The most impertant questions are: What is the wavelength of the laser? Answer 10600 nanometers. and Does the laser drill small holes?

Michael Tomcik, MD
San Ramon Dermatologist

A New Solution for Treating Skin Texture and Large Pores

CLEAR & BRILLIANT and the PERMEA is a revolutionary, gentle laser skin care treatment, clinically proven to fight the effects of aging skin. The laser is a safe, non-surgical option with little-to-no downtime after treatments. Skin tone and texture is noticeably improved after each treatment and best of all, it is safe for all skin types and the treatment of melasma.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

How to improve large pores with laser or RF micro needles ?

A good treatment for enlarge pores and acne scars is the radiofrequency microneedle system (Endymed intensif).  The pathogenesis of both  relates most probably to thickened bands of collagen under the pores or scars causing a retraction of skin surface.

An effective treatment will have to reach into the deep layer of the skin to remodel the retracting collagen fibers under the scar, like the microneedle treatment that heats the deep layer of the skin to produce new collagen.

In this kind of treatment the downtime and pain is minimal, and with few treatments only I see very good improvements. The patients are very satisfied with this treatment.

Yoram Harth, MD
Israel Dermatologist

Shrinking Pores

Shrinking your pores can take several treatments. Chemical peels, prescription retin-a creams, and lasers such as the Ematrix and Fraxel can all help with improving pore size. There is also another in-office treatment called photodynamic light therapy. This not only helps improve poor size but can target up to 75% of your precancer skin cells, thus decreasing your risk for squamous cell carcinoma.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon