7 months post op and I have scar tissue up one nostril, what can be done? (Photos)

As you can see one nostril is completely clear however my left nostril has scar tissue inside and as well as blocking my airway a bit it's warping the shape and contour of my nose that one side it's really getting me down what can I do about it? I was told to massage it but it's literally making no difference they said I have to wait for a year but this isn't reassuring me.

7 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.

Congratulations for having patience and wait more than six months PO, which is the recommended time allowed to make judgments of value and be precise and accurate.

After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Scar tissue?

Hello!  It is difficult to see what is going on externally without a frontal picture.  Is the involved nostril deviated in comparison to the right?  I agree with your primary surgeon to hold off on revision surgery for a year, if it's a cartilage issue. If it's purely scar formation on the mucosal surface then a release might help.  This is very much armchair quarterbacking without the benefit of an in person exam. Sometimes a small amount of kenalog can also help.  Your plastic surgeon would have the best insight for your particular concerns. Good luck and follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Nostril issue

You would have to be seen in person to get a better appreciation for what is going on.  It might only need a scar revision. Hard to say without an exam.

Treatment of Scar Tissue 7 Months after Rhinoplasty

It is difficult to determine if this is scar tissue or a deviation of your septum without examining you. It is unlikely massaging will make any difference but the problem can be corrected if a revision is necessary.

Thank you for your question. It takes up to 12 months, and in rare cases even longer, for your nose to heal fully from rhinoplasty. As you are experiencing, different parts of your nose will not heal at the same rate. I suggest that you see your board certified facial plastic surgeon to discuss recovery techniques to remedy the blockage you are experiencing.  Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon