Plastics to remove back wrinkles after weight loss with a condition of full leg Lymphedema? (Photos)

I don't know what I can have but a 360 sounds good. I want to have a lift of my stomach and lipo of the handles and tightening. I've been warned against a thigh lift so I wonder if that includes a butt lift - because of the Inguinal node being involved with Lymphedema in my Leg. Do not want to make it worse but want to get rid of and show the muscles and fitness that I've achieved.

Body lifting after major weight loss

Thank you for asking about your body lift.

• Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • I agree with your assessment - a 360 lower body lift will probably be a needed for a good result.
  • And an upper body lift as well, to improve the back.
  • At the time of the lower body lift, the excess skin can be preserved and used to add bulk to the buttocks.
  • An examination is needed to see what effect the lymphedema will have on your surgical plans.
  • The cause of the lymphedema - if known - may also be a factor.
  • A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help you make a definite plan!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Prioritize you options

Congratulations on making such an impressive change. You definitely seem  ready to  begin the next stage with body contouring.  Your abdomen  should  be the central focus of you contouring. An abdominopasty would be  the ideal option for you.  However, this is the procedure  that would  be more of an issue relating to your lymphedema. A complete evaluation with a plastic surgeon  is the best  way to see if this is a  safe option for you.

In my opinion, your back  would obtain the best tightening with a circumferential upper body lift, that is often combined with a breast lift or arm lift(brachioplasty) . A buttock lift  with a full 360 scar across the lower back/upper buttock may be of some help to lift  the buttocks, but will not improve the  back itself much. 

I would prioritize these procedures, and do some of them together. If  your insurance plan can cover some of the abdominal surgery, that may also be helpful.

Best regards, Prashant Soni M.D.

Prashant Soni, MD
Danbury Plastic Surgeon

Body contouring

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for several body contouring procedures.  Given your history of lymphedema, it is highly advisable that you schedule an in-person consultation to receive the best advice.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Body lift

There are two types of lifts that would solve your problem: one involves making a circumferential incision around your bra line, and the the other involves a circumferential incision around your waist.  Based on your photos and my experience, I would recommend the total body lift around the waist to accomplish all of your goals.  I do not believe the lymphedema will be a significant factor in either surgery since none of them will be close to the drainage areas in the groin to worsen your problem.  That being said, only an in-office consultation can really determine that, as well as a discussion of all the pros and cons.

Tito Vasquez, MD, FACS
Southport Plastic Surgeon

Body lift

A review of your lymphedema issue is critical. You may need a body lift and or an upper body lift as well. More details of your medical hisotry are essential.