Will sleeping affect sagging & shape of breasts?

I had a breast reduction 13 days ago and spent about the first week on my back to sleep; however, I don't normally sleep on my back and I find it so much more comfortable to sleep on my side. Is this a good idea? I'm worried that sleeping on my side will cause the breast to sag or lose the shape, and I would definitely suck it up if that was the case. Thank you in advance for your responses

Sleeping Position after Breast Surgery

I have my patients sleep on their backs for the first two weeks after breast reduction surgery.   Between two and four weeks, I tell them that they can sleep on their sides but with a pillow on their sides.   After four weeks, they can sleep however is comfortable for them.   However, I do have them wear their surgical bra for a total of 8 weeks at night.   All of these measures help with the healing process, as there is not only healing on the skin outside, but also along the tissue inside where the breast tissue and fat has been carved out.  Do ask your plastic surgeon what he/she recommends and follow their instructions.

Best Wishes!

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 
2 weeks after Breast Reduction, it's not time enough to express a valid opinion of results.
On the other hand, generally to avoid the normal p.o. swelling, I recommend to limit the arms movement for two weeks. 
Also it's not advisable to carry weight and take the antiinflamatory painkillers drugs.
Finally, I recommend you always use a therapeutic bra.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Sleeping and breasts

Sleeping positions in my opinion shouldn't affect the shape of your breast once you have healed from surgery.  Best of luck always ask your surgeon his instructions.