Do I have gynecomastia? (Photo)

Is this a mild form of gyno? Either way I have to get a surgery done this is a terrible feeling.

Candidate for gynecomastia removal surgery

From your photos, you seem to be a candidate for gynecomastia removal surgery or male breast reduction. Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed.

You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary.

Thank you for your question and the photo. Although it is tough to tell from the photo, it looks like you may have gynecomastia. An in person exam and discussion with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is a great start to finding a solution to this.
Best wishes,Benjamin J. Cousins MDBoard Certified Plastic Surgeon

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Is this Gynecomastia?

There are any number of reasons that may define whether or not you do in fact have gynecomastia, but a doctor's live consultation would be the best place to determine. Different surgical procedures are available to resolve all different types of gynecomastia, and which procedure you would get is also best determined in conversation with your surgeon. Take some time for multiple consultations and make sure that you get the best information for your situation. Best of luck to you!

You do have gynecomastia

How should I choose a surgeon?
Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter.
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.So be extremely careful choosing the right Plastic Surgeon at the beginning.

Mordcai Blau, MD

The photo is not ideal but does look like you may have gynecomastia. You should be seen in person to determine what is right for you.

Thank you for your question.  In order to provide you with the best advice, it is very important to have a thorough history and timeline, as well as physical exam of the changes that you've noted with your chest.  Based upon the photo alone, the characteristics of your chest would be consistent with a mild form of gynecomastia.  This type is typically treated in a minimally invasive fashion with liposuction through several small incisions.  I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Best of luck!

Benjamin Wood, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

I appreciate your concern, but physical exam would be helpful. However, your photo demonstrates possibly mild Gynecomastia which is usually treated by liposuction alone. The scars are small and well hidden. Insurance may or may not cover it, depends on your policy. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about Gynecomastia, as you may find it helpful. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD