What would be best Tummy tuck or lipo? (photos)

Diet and exercize first, then tummy tuck

As a board certified ASAPS surgeon I have to emphasize the need to get your weight under control before surgery. No Carb , no sugar diet is a start, 45 minutes of exercise every day helps. good luck...

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or liposuction?

The advice rendered in this forum by the various plastic surgeons should only be regarded as a loose opinion. Although you will likely obtain the best result from both a tummy tuck with liposuction, you will have to be seen in the office and examined by a board certified plastic surgeon who performs many body contouring procedures in the form of a consultation to render the most useful advice to you.. As suggested below, I would would also recommend ensuring that your body mass index is preferably less than 30, although 30- 35 is reasonable depending on your goals and the distribution of visceral fat. Also your weight should ideally be stable for at least 3 months prior to surgery so that you can continue to have a great result for many years after the procedure. I have attached a video that has a few tips regarding your procedure. 

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss before surgery

I would recommend weight loss before having any body contouring elective surgery. You will likely have the best results with a tummy tuck as the lower abdominal skin appears somewhat loose. Consult with a plastic surgeon in person for a complete exam and review of your options.

Best  wishes,

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Tummy tuck?

from your photos you would have better results with a full tummy tuck. It appears you also have excess skin that would not be addressed with just liposuction.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

What would be best Tummy tuck or lipo?

Thank you for your question.  Liposuction before weight loss would leave you with loose skin. An abdominoplasty cannot be done until you lose weight.  Her best option is to lose weight and try to achieve a body mass index (BMI) less than 30 before considering any surgery.

What would be best Tummy tuck or lipo?

Thank you for the question and pictures. In my practice, I would offer you a  tummy tuck operation once you have achieved your long-term stable weight; any lesser operation would not end up with an outcome that you or I would be pleased with. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.
 When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

What would be best Tummy tuck or lipo? = loose weight firs before either #tt #tummytuck #liposuction

In order to achieve a great cosmetic result after either tummy tuck or liposuction, the patients should have ideally normal weight or mild overweight 

Patients with an significantly increased BMI ( relation of weight for height) will not have a good result after cosmetic plastic surgery procedures like either tummy tuck or lipo.

A google search for "BMI calculator"  will list multiple free sites where the BMI can be calculated (by just adding the height and weight).

These are the scales for BMI

BMI Categories:
Underweight =

John Mesa, MD

TT + LIPO

Thank you for your question and your photos. You're a good candidate for LIPO + FULL TT combination. If you lose weight before your surgery the result will be much better. I wish you the best of luck.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction?

Dear Memeswan,
Thank you for your question and your photos. 

Let's assume that you are done having children and are looking to restore your abdomen to a more flat and shaped contour.  Your weight is stable and  you are not planning to lose a lot a weight in the near future. 

A tummy tuck in combination with liposuction would be able to address many of the areas of concern including loose skin, excess fat/fullness, and the muscle malposition that often occurs after having children.  Liposuction alone cannot address all of these problems which is why a tummy tuck would be recommended.

To be totally sure about your best course of treatment, a consultation and an examination with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be your next step.

Again, thank you for your question and the photos.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon