Will they be able to salvage my tooth? (Photo)

I was eating an apple and a tooth that had a root canal done on it broke off. I haven't been back to the dentist because I have anxiety and a dentist yelled at me and made me very upset. Or else I would have a had a crown on it the back of the tooth is still intact but the front isn't. My question is can they put a crown on it.

BEST PROCEDURE.

As you do not mention any discomfort, I would expect that your tooth root is intact and that the crown broke off at the gum margin.  If this is the case the best procedure for the dentist is to first build up the tooth with a post and core and then prepare the tooth for a crown. The post should extend about 2/3d's of the way down the root. This is  a common procedure and if done properly should last indefinitely especially on the tooth you broke (a lateral incisor). You also mentioned that you are upset with your dentist. You may want to look for a new dentist. If you do I would recommend a dentist who is Fee for Service and has good reviews or that is recommended as taking time with his or her patients. Dentistry today should not be a stressful experience and the best dental offices are focused on excellence and preventive dentistry.  In the long run the best dentistry will save you time, money, and keep you from having more problems.

It sure looks like it!

Unless theres a serious infection or decay that not visible on the photo you shoud absolutely try and save your tooth. With a post, core and crowna nd maybe some crown lengthening youll enjoy chewing on it for many years to come :)

Best of luck

Hisham Kaloti, DDS
Mississauga Dentist

Broken Front Tooth

I can't tell from the picture but if the tooth is salvageable you would need a post and new crown (may need crown lengthening to provide more tooth for the crown to hold onto without encroaching on the gum tissue attachments).  

If the tooth is broken off clean to the gum line or worse, the long term prognosis is not very good.  Long term you may be better off extracting the tooth and restoring with an implant.  

I would recommend you get in to see your dentist ASAP and have the tooth evaluated.  They should be able to recommend more definitive treatment recommendations.  

David M. Schertzer, DDS
Saint Louis Dentist