Derma Roller for acne scar treatment?

I have really deep acne scars on my face. I recently went to see a dermatologist to see what treatments would be good to help fade the scars and they wanted to do an "acne scar treatment series" using the dermaroller. I know there are a lot of treatments available for acne scars so I wanted a second opinion regarding the usefulness and practicalities of using a dermaroller as opposed to other treatment options.

Derma Roller for acne scar treatment?

I prefer Fraxel® treatment to dermaroller for acne scar treatment. Please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation.

Miami Dermatologist

Always treat the scar type, never use a device

Targeted scar treatments are best, see the YOUTUBE video below. Yes, skin rolling can help shallow, early atrophic and box car scars, but a targeted approach will give you the best results. All the best, Dr Davin Lim.Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Derma Roller for acne scar treatment?

Thanks for your query. There are various options availalble for acne scars besides dermaroller like fraxel, microneedling, chemical peels. The best suited for you can be decided by your dermatologist. Hope it helps

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon