Severe burning and sharp pain?

Last night I slept on my left side. I awoke with sharp pains and burning in my left breast. I noticed the wire was kind of poking out of my bra and I was laying on it like that all night. The pain is only in one small spot near the crease of my breast. Kind of worried I did something. The burning and sharp pain is non stop.

Pain after surgery

I'm not sure how far you are into your recovery, but in any case it is probably best for you to contact your surgeon for an evaluation.  After surgery sensation can be temporarily altered which makes feelings, such as the poking of an underwire, hard to detect.  

Burning and sharp pain

Thank you for your question.I don’t know how far along in your recovery you are but I usually recommend that my patients do not wear a bra with underwire in it for at least 6 weeks after a breast augmentation. If you are experiencing pain or discomfort, the best thing you can do is have your surgeon perform a physical examination to determine if there is any injury to the breast.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Severe burning and sharp pain?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your breast pain. Because of the mechanically induced breast pain I would favor seeing your surgeon for an in-person evaluation to ensure that you did not develop a wound or injury that requires medical care.  In most instances this causes soft tissue soreness that will resolve without issue but better safe than sorry.  Best wishes. 

Breast augmentation - woke with pain in left breast

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • If you recently had a breast augmentation, please contact your own surgeon for advice.
  • It isn't usual to wear underwire bras at night after breast surgery -
  • Please check with your surgeon what kind of bra you should wear, if any.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Nothing to worry about

what you feel sticking out that feels sharp is most likely an internal suture. your surgeon can remove it easily. you will not come apart. Many patients complain of burning or electric shock feelings. this is the nerves just healing and it will go away. i believe stretching the chest muscles and also massage, will help it settle down more quickly,hang in there,david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon