What will 300cc under muscle moderate silicone look like? (Photo)

I went to two drs. One dr said 421cc moderate under muscle and another dr said 300cc moderate under muscle both silicone. The second dr said he wouldn't go any bigger than 300cc because of where my nipples are. I am worried they will not be that big especially under muscle. Maybe moderate plus would be better? I would like to be perky, not too big but noticeable. Also, my left is slightly bigger than my right. Should I get two different sizes in each?

300cc Under the Muscle

The best way to know that is to actually try those implants on in a sports bra in your doctor's office.

Breast Augmentation and Size

Hello.  Different Dr's use different methods to discuss and determine the perfect size which is needed to achieve your goals.  I personally like to understand your concerns and goals as well as perform your measurements, try sizers on and discuss the sizes and styles.  At the end of our consultation my patients are confident in the decision we make together.   Also,  regarding the asymmetry your not alone.  The majority of patients are asymmetric since your left chest typically sticks out more than the right and has more tissue sue to your heart position.  I very frequently (majority) perform a differential augmentation to address asymmetry.  Feel free to have a complimentary consultation.

Tough to tell you a size, but a little higher profile is a good idea!

Volume is hard to recommend.  I'm very conservative in my sizing, but I rarely use moderate profile implants in women after pregnancy -- you need a little more umph than that!  Under the muscle is a must.  A moderate plus profile implant, especially those offered by Sientra that are a little over-filled, would work great for you.  Maybe 355cc, but again it's hard to advise without measurements.  Maybe quiz both of your surgeons on profile and see what they think?  If they won't discuss it -- get another opinion!  Good luck.

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Picking implants

My advice is to find a surgeon that has a Vectra Imaging Camera system. You can see in a 3D image what the diffierent sizes and shapes of implants can do. You can even try different sizes in each breast. You will look best when the base diameter of the implant is not much bigger than your existing breast. Good Luck!

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Dr Kayser

Good morning aawalr and thank you for your question. Breast augmentation has so many variables that include each person's individual sizes and shapes in addition to the desired volume they choose to become, but I have many patients in my practice just like you. Both of your size implants are absolutely reasonable for you to have inserted. As you've already indicated, there are differences between your right and left breast, and therefore, different implants will likely be necessary to achieve better symmetry. One thing to consider, however, is that the larger you go, the more you stretch and thin the skin possibly leading to more long-term visible and palpable irregularities. Also, without knowing your exact frame size, larger implants on very petite women can be excessive in some cases. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr Kayser - Detroit / St Clair Shores

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Depends on your goals

A 300 cc a solid C cup a 421 CC D plus. Given the picture of you I would tend to go in the middle at about 360cc if you want a small D. Lots of choices and they are all fine. Your nipples a bit wide and your chest wall slopes laterally so one must be careful not to go too big and risk the implant sliding off your chest wall. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants

HEllo dear, thanks for your question and the picture also, I recommend you a soft cohesive silicone implant under the muscle. They're going to look perky and nice

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

It's difficult to know exactly with only one photo and no breast dimensions. But if you are average size, a 350cc to 450cc implant should fit you quite well. I like the moderate plus implants for women who want to look natural. I think you should try on different sizes with a sports bra so that you can visualize your new look. Best of luck!

Implant selection

I think that you need to be seen in person to determine what the right implants might be for you. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Dimensional Planning

Implants should never be picked based on cc's or cup sizes. The dimensions of the 300cc and 421cc implants are drastically different and would never be offered to the same patient in my practice. You do have lateral nipples but placing an under width implant will create horribly wide cleavage. I would ask yourself who did a more thorough exam, who did measurements and whose before and after galleries are more in line with the results you desire. Seeking a third opinion is never a bad idea either.

I make specific recommendations to each and every of the augmentation patients I see annually based on: 1) dimensional planning 2) expressed goals 3) amount and quality of tissue to hide the implant.Only a board certified plastic surgeon specializing in augmentations (meaning they do 300+ a year) will have the expertise, knowledge and experience to understand and explain these subtle differences to you. Don’t trust your result to an office that gave you a video, booklet or patient coordinator rather than the surgeon to answer these important questions!