I'm 12 days post op, and I noticed my left breast seems to be getting lower. Should I be worried about it bottoming out? (Photo)

I have 350 cc silicones submuscular placement. Pre op I was AA. Height 5'4 115 lbs. Does this look like bottoming out? I seen my doctor today and he was unsure. He recommended wearing a bra bandeu across underneath the breast which is causing great discomfort. I also noticed the left incision to be more painful as well as a heavier feeling. Any input will greatly be appreciated. Thank you!

Looks a bit low

It looks like the incision are at different levels on your breasts  and that left implant is lower. You likely had some minor breast asymerty before surgery. The medial and lateral pocket dissection also looks asymmetric. Look up the use of wide shoelace to correct  this online or have your doctor find it. If not done soon it will be too late and you will need revision surgery to raise the fold on the left side. Good Luck!

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Bottomed Out?

You are still early in your recovery and it is too soon to make a final judgment on their appearance. It may take up to 6 months for your final results. Should you be concerned, it may be best to speak with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

All the best.

12 days post breast augmentation

At 12 days post breast augmentation, you are very early in the healing process.  Best to give it time to settle for several months and then re-evaluate it.

12 days post op

Thank you for the question.     You are very early in the healing process having more discomfort on one side is not unusual.   It will take 3- 6 months for things to settle down follow your surgeons instruction and reevaluate at that point.    Best of luck

Ivor B. Kaplan, MD
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

I'm 12 days post op, and I noticed my left breast seems to be getting lower. Should I be worried about it bottoming out?

Hard to say so early in the healing process.  I would follow your doctor's instructions however and follow up closely.  Best of luck.

Too soon to judge

It is way too soon to judge your results. Asymmetric healing is very common. It may take 3-6 months for your swelling to fully subside and your final results to reveal themselves. Be patient and kind to yourself as your body recovers. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Thank you for your question. At 12 days post op you are still healing. Allow a good 3-6 months to pass before you assess results. 

Best of Luck, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

12 days post op, and I noticed left breast seems to be getting lower

You're still in the earliest stages of healing from your procedure. Breasts don't heal at the same pace. One side always hurts more. One side always swells more. One side always softens first. One side always drops first.

If you were 12 weeks out rather than 12 days I would have more concerns.

Always check with your surgeon just to be sure, but based on the information provided, nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Silicone Implants/Anatomic Cohesive Gel Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Bottoming out

Thank you for your question and providing photos. You are still early in your recovery. I tell all my patients it takes 4-5 months for implants to fully settle and all the swelling to resolve. It is hard to predict if your implants will stay in the position they are currently. Normally as the lower pole stretches the implants drop further. I recommend you follow your PS advice. Best of luck