Best neck remedy? (Photo)

I have a loose neck. I'd like it much tighter. I am 40 lbs. Over weight and 42 years old. What are my best options both non invasive and otherwise? What fees are involved? How do I select the best md?

Best Neck Remedy

It's difficult to determine if a non-surgical treatment will address your concern. Also, it really depends on the amount of #sagging you are experiencing.  Non-surgical treatments are an option. While they may improve the appearance of your concern, many repeated treatments may be required. A board-certified plastic surgeon should evaluate both your anatomical features and aesthetic goals to determine which option best suits your individual needs. Factors which are considered during your consultation to determine if you are a #candidate for #rejuvenating the neck include: 

•Visibility and amount of excess fat below the chin and along the neckline.
•The presence of banding down the front of the #neck.
•The amount of #excess skin and condition of your skin.
•Chin Deficiency.
•Presence of Prominent Digastric Muscles (a.k.a. submandibular gland fullness).

During your consultation, your chin will be evaluated along with the neck and jawline.  A weak #chin means there is not adequate chin support for the skin along the neck line. In younger individuals a chin implant alone is usually all that is needed to improve the appearance of the neck. Subsequently, it will also improve the overall balance of the face and can create the illusion of a smaller nose. As a stand-alone procedure, chin augmentation can be performed in the office under local anesthesia. For individuals with signs of aging in the neck, a chin implant added to one of the recommended procedures above, will provide optimal results. According to your evaluation, your plastic surgeon may give you more than one option to choose from. Also, she or he can recommend non-surgical methods if you are deemed a candidate. 

Best Neck Remedy

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

•Chin Deficiency.

Non-Surgical Neck Lift

Thank you for your question in regards to a non-surgical neck lift. Kybella is the first and only FDA-approved injectable treatment that physically destroys fat cells to improve the appearance of moderate to severe fat beneath the chin - also known as a "double chin. Exilis is another non-invasion option that uses heat without damaging the skin. The heat causes fat to melt away and stimulates collagen production which tightens your skin. To be sure what would be best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Non-Surgical Neck Lift

Best neck remedy?

There are many options to treat your neck including non surgical and surgical. Obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for an in person evaluation and in depth discussion of options. Be sure they have the capability to treat you non surgically and surgically so that you get a fair opinion.     

Best neck remedy?

Neck

There are so many good options for your neck. The basic concept is to tighten the skin and remove some of the fat underneath of the skin. The easiest way to remove it is liposuction which is a simple in office procedure. Beyond that there are multiple types of external heating devices to tighten the skin , As well as an internal heating device called thermi RF. I would recommend seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area will be able to offer you every option available for a minimally invasive to full neck liftsGood luck! 

Neck

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

In our practice we do vaser hi def with ThermiRF to this area.  I suggest a formal consultation to determine the best options.  Dr. Emer.

Neck looseness and jowling

The gold standard is a face and neck lift; although you are young, I have observed that younger patients actually get better results. Please see examples below.

Neck looseness and jowling

Remedy for your neck

It is difficult to fully evaluate your neck from just the photo provided. However I can suggest you have a few options:1) facelift probably provides the best overall result because it includes liposuction, platysma tightening, and skin tightening.2) you can also do liposuction of the neck alone, which removes fat but not skin3) a final option is the minimally invasive Precision TX treatment where a laser is introduced under the skin through tiny incisions, which then melts fat and tightens skin from the inside. This is an ideal option for someone who needs neck tightening but doesn't want a larger operation like a facelift. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced with this procedure. I wish you the best!

Remedy for your neck

Best neck remedy

It is difficult to fully evaluate your face and neck with the one photo you have provided, but in general, there are surgical and non-surgical options to improve loose skin on the neck.  Facelift surgery would address the sagging skin of the neck and lower face and most likely would produce the most dramatic results.  For people looking for non-surgical options, sometimes fillers can provide some benefit as well as Ultherapy.  These non-surgical procedures would generally achieve more subtle results than surgery though.  I would recommend consulting with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to be evaluated and discuss your options.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best neck remedy

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon