Are there different methods to performing butt augmentation?

I'm interested in the butt augmentation procedure. My concern is the risk of infection...I read the implant is placed near the anus. Wondering if technology has improved within the past 5 years consequently making the recuperative time surgery shorter and less painful.

Ferent methods to performing butt augmentation?

Thank you for the question. It is difficult to discuss options for you without examining you or seeing photos. There are multiple techniques for buttock augmentation including implant vs autologous. Autologous is using your own fat to enhance your buttocks which is most natural. I would recommend to schedule a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

No major change in gluteal augmentation

The biggest change in gluteal augmentation is it's popularity.

This has led to far more of these procedures being done.

The overall experience buy plastic surgeons as fine-tuned the procedures to some degree.
The only two realistic options still remain fat transfer such as the Brazilian butt lift or gluteal implants.

Neither one of these procedures has changed to any significant degree you over the last five years. When looking at risks with surgery it's important to look at the chance of complications not just the complication itself.

All surgeries I have risks involved including fatal outcomes even for the most basic simple procedure. This is also true for commuting to work every day.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Different methods to performing butt augmentation

Absolutely! The demand and popularity for buttock enhancement procedures in my practice is through the roof!  It’s allowed me to perfect my technique over the years so that I produce safe, reliable and long-lasting results that will age well with my patients whether it’s using fat only, gummy bear butt implants only, or both.  Buttocks implants are very safe and tons of modifications have been made to minimize risk of infection and produce long-lasting results.  In the end, it’s important to choose whatever means necessary to achieve your desired goals for size, but more importantly shape! My patients generally seek to have a perky or curvaceous butt that is shapely, whether they are full-figured and voluptuous or shredded fitness types, and everything in the middle.  If you were gifted with a flat or shapeless butt or acquired it over the years, consider a consultation with a plastic surgeon who does all 3 major types of enhancements to understand all your options. It’s important to understand that the terms relating to buttock enhancement are not as important as what your specifically tailored plan entails. Often the words Buttock Augmentation, Butt Lift, Brazilian Butt Lift, Buttock Fat Grafting, Buttock Reshaping and so on are used interchangeably.  Get a consultation so that you can best understand what will help you achieve a sexier you.

Techniques for Butt Implants

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist.   Technology is continuing to evolve and implant manufactures also strive to keep up with technology.  The chance of infection from a Butt implant is around ~1.94 per 100 surgeries.  The Odds that you will not get an infection is 98.6 per 100 surgeries.  Implant Pain, I believe, has a lot to do with implant placement location.  Why?  Because there are a lot of very important nerves that get angry (and your brain interprets it as pain) if the implant is placed to close to it.  In my practice a butt augmentation is a well tolerated procedure.The recuperative time is significant in butt implantation surgery is significant; and in my opinion is the main negative aspect to the procedure.  On the flip side, a butt implant ALWAYS gives the best fullness and projection.  In my practice, I do not want you sitting on your buttocks for 2 weeks except when utilizing the bathroom.  Then, I want you utilizing a pressure offloading device for 2 months after surgery when you sit down.  After, 2 months sitting restrictions are removed.   Please reach out if you have any further questions.  Best of Luck!   Sincerely, Matthew J. Nykiel, M.D. #RealSelfTopDoctor #RealSelfCoreDoctor “THE” Butt Doctor Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Cosmetic Fellowship Trained Surgeon

Buttocks enhancement

Buttocks enhancement can be done by transfer of fat or buttocks implants. Buttocks implants are safe and many modifications have been made to minimize risk of infection. Please see examples below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Buttock augmentation options

In short, a combination of sculpting your waistline with liposuction and augmenting your buttock with implants provides the best chance for a long lasting "hour-glass" figure. Please read on for more surgical details:  Regarding buttock/hip augmentation surgery, let me start off by saying that I currently see at least 2 - 3 patients, domestic and international,  per week that failed "brazilian buttock lift" (i.e. the fat melted away after 10 - 12+ months) and are now seeking a more reliable and permanent option (i.e. buttock and/or hip implants). 
Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are options but what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection and long-term results. 
Indeed because at least 80+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you purposely gain weight (i.e. fat) for the procedure, the fat you lose first as you get back to your baseline weight is that very same fat that was transferred into your buttock...so don't fall victim to this recommendation. Even those patients that had adequate amounts of fat pre-operatively, still end up seeking buttock implants after a year or so because most of the fat transferred melted away leaving them with minimal result.  Although overall using your own fat is relatively safe, it not infrequently melts away unevenly leaving one butt cheek bigger than the other or with dimpling or hard fat cysts.  The one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This is even more likely to happen when using fillers like liquid silicone, PMMA, Sculptra, and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high infection rate, guaranteed tendency to migrate away from the original area they were injected, and almost always stimulate a lot of inflammation with a subsequent and disastrous amount of scar tissue/hardening.
Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock/hip augmentation (at least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a 1 1/2 inch long incision along the inner curve of each upper buttock cheek at the level of the tailbone, similar to two opposing parentheses ")(" (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle. On the other hand, hip implants are placed under just the fascia because no significant muscle exists in this region. However, because they are much smaller and lighter, their likelihood of migration is relatively low. Because all of this, it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure so that the implant placement is precise for both locations. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to

Ryan Stanton, MD

Butt augmentation options

Your own fat is probably the best option in butt augmentation, always provided you have enough of course.If your BMI is somewhere between 26-31 this is likely the best way. If not, buttock implants placed inside the gluteus muscle can give very impressive results. There is a risk of infection with any implant procedure of course, but if done correctly the risk of infection is not any higher than with for example breast implants.For the right patient, the result can be very impressive though.

Alexander Aslani, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon