Liposuction - 4 weeks post op belly button still missing (Photo)

It seems like I had aggressive lipo, 8 liters removed. Stomach very tight, painful, burning. Worse part is my once nice belly button now gone. How do I get it back? I feel like I made a big mistake. Already told my PS. But no real answers. Please help

Liposuction - what happened to my belly button

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • You had a very large volume liposuction.
  • Your belly button is not gone - the fat around it is gone so the belly button is flat.
  • The tightness and pain are unusual and may be from muscle irritation from aggressive liposuction.
  • Please see your surgeon 6 weeks after surgery for another assessment and wait 9 - 12 months to see your final result.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

I suggest speakign to your physician.  Pain and belly button changes like this arent typical of liposuction done in my practice.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Unhappy Liposuction Results

Hello,Your umbilicus isn't missing, there is just more skin around it now that the fat is gone. 8 liter lipo is aggressive, so you'll need a long time to heal, probably 6 months at least.  At that time you and your PS (I hope he is a ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon) can decide if you may benefit from an abdominoplasty to correct skin excess and muscle laxity.  In the mean time, you should be actively trying to optimize your diet and begin exercise. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS