I've been taking my multi vitamins - Should I reschedule my surgery?

I'm scheduled to have the Brazilian but lift in about 8 days... I have been taking my multi vitamins and noticed that there are 30 iu's of vitamin E in it and 6000iu's of vitamin A ... Should I reschedule my surgery?

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective pre op and post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and can best advise you on how to move forward. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Multi-Vitamins (MVI) and Surgery

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist. I would speak with your surgeon.  He/she in working with you should have the decision. Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Matthew J. Nykiel, MD #TopREALSELFDoctor #CoreREALSELFDoctor Butt Augmentation Specialist Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Vitamins before surgery

Thanks for your question.   Please contact your plastic surgeon's office for their preference.  I like for my patients to take a specific vitamin cocktail before surgery.  Best of luck. 

The use of multivitamins

Young healthy people with a normal diet should not need multivitamins.
There's very little scientific evidence that vitamin supplements have much benefit at all unless someone is deficient in vitamins from their diet or lacks the ability to appropriate absorb vitamins.
For those who are vitamin deficient supplements may be extremely important but for most people they offer no advantage whatsoever.
Vitamins are like motor oil.
If you run out of Motor oil in your engine well stop working and be destroyed. However, extra motor oil will have no impact on the performance of the car.

You simply need just enough vitamins and this is usually supplied from a healthy diet.
If you're scheduled for surgery and this is something you should be discussing with your surgeon.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD