5'0, 118-125 pounds, what's the best size?

Hi girls and doctors, I'd love your opinion on what's the most natural way to go, in regard to cc size? M I'm currently a 34A, 130 pounds, 5 feet, 27 waist. I plan to lose 5-15 pounds and keep off consistently for 3 months prior to surgery. Anyways, my breasts tilt east and west directions giving me no cleavage. I'd love your input and pictures of anyone with experience within my weight and height group. It's nearly impossible to find any full B or small C girls. Thanks

Implant size

It is best to have an in-office evaluation so that careful measurements can be taken to determine the best size implant for your chest diameter and current breast tissue. Once you have the measurements, they are all put together to determine the ranges of implants that would fit on your chest and best match your goals. Generally speaking, smaller breast implants can have a natural yet full look on more petite women with similar stats to yours. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD, Plastic Surgery

Beverly Hills Physician

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

What implant size is best

Without photos it is more difficult to answer your question.  The best size for you will be determined by many factors such as; how large do you want to be and do you need a breast lift to get to the look you desire.  I would suggest you discuss this by making a consultation with an experienced Plastic Surgeon.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

What's the best size?

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

Right size

Thank you for the question and I would go on complimentary consultations with experts in your area.  Be measured,try on various sized implants in a bra till you see a volume on your chest that you like, look at photos of similar patients and find your surgeon.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast Implant Sizing

There are two important criteria for proper implant sizing. One is your anatomic capacity, the other is your aesthetic goal. Both are easy to determine. Your anatomic capacity is determined by a few quick measurements of your breast and chest. This is an objective, reproducible determination that defines your capacity, and therefore limits your risk of complications and reoperations. Your aesthetic goal is best determined by sizing you in an unpadded bra in the mirror. Once your desired look has been achieved, the surgeon has usable information regarding the necessary implant to achieve that goal.  The problem is when your aesthetic goal implant volume is larger than the implant that represents your maximum anatomic capacity. In general, the factor that influences your outcome's appearance, i.e. 'fake' versus 'natural', is the implant size, not implant shape or profile.  Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in breast surgery. Best of luck! Instagram: @drgeraldminniti

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question.  Without at least having photos to review and without the benefit of a face-to-face exam it is impossible to guess what implant size would be best for you to achieve your goals with reasonable shape and size.  Meet with one or more ABPS board-certified plastic surgeons to have the benefit of a face-to-face exam and consultation and review photographs of other patients in your size range.  The answer to your question will depend largely on the dimensions of your breast as well as your skin distensability and in my practice the final implant is only chosen during the surgical procedure when test implants or "sizers" can be seen before making the final choice.  This allows me to optimally match the implant with the patient's size and contour goals when the actual results can be seen.  Good luck and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Thank you for your question. The most important factor when sizing implants, is working closely with your surgeon in person to find the implant size that gives you the look that you desire. Careful measurements of your breast and chest wall will help determine which size implants will fit within your natural breast footprint. Taking into account your desired look, and your measurements, an implant is chosen that specifically fits your body. Unfortunately, online recommendations are not that helpful. Make sure that you have a good relationship with your plastic surgeon, so that you two can work together to find the right size. In my office, patients try on implants in a bra and clothing. There able to see how they look in the mirror, and in photographs. Women are also encouraged to bring in wish pictures, so that I can get a sense of the look that they would like to achieve. Good luck with the process!

5'0, 118-125 pounds, what's the best breast implant size?

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: Your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. or the type of implant. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing suit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant. Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. Robert Singer, MD FACS La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

When you get your consultation with the surgeon be sure and take along photos of pre and postop looks so the doctor has a visual idea of your goal. With that information and the examination the surgeon will be able to determine the size and style implant necessary to meet that goal. Without all that info it is not possible to make any specific recommendations. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD