Am I good candidate for a Rhinoplasty and what would the steps of my procedure consist of? (photos)

I'm 20 & have always struggled with my nose. While I know it's not a severe case, it does make my face look harsh, crooked and not flattering. I would like to have my hump removed, & the projection lessened as well. Also, it does make my face appear crooked, is this fixable and Is this a logical procedure for me? I am scheduling a consultation in the next few weeks.

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear sweber321, You are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery and in the hands of an expert surgeon you should expect a very nice result. Reducing your dorsal hump and tip projection, refining your tip and narrowing your bridge will bring better balance to your overall facial aesthetics and help accentuate your other lovely facial features.  During consultation imaging can be performed to show you the proposed changes to your nose taking into consideration your desires as well as your nasal anatomy and skin thickness. Once the desired nose is agreed upon the techniques that will be used to attain the desired result will be discussed. You will also have the opportunity to review hundreds of before and after photographs to ensure the surgeon performs natural looking rhinoplasty procedures. See examples in the link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Am I a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty

You are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery to narrow you bulbous over projected tip and straighten your wide, crooked asymmetrical nose. This will make your nose more proportional to your surrounding facial features and give you a more feminine appearance. Consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist so you achieve a natural result.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from nasal tip deprojection to make the overall size of your nose smaller and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

Dorsal hump reduction as well as tip projection reduction with tip refinement would be indicated.  It is a personal choice whether to proceed or not.  Make sure you like the digitally enhanced images of your nose when you are being evaluated to ensure your surgeon understands your goals. 

Rhinoplasty candidate

Yes, you are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty and should expect a wonderful result, start consulting until you find a Plastic Surgeon that delivers results you want and you feel you can trust. 

Best regards, 

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty? Yes

Thank you for your post and photos. In my view, you are an excellent candidate to consider refinement rhinoplasty. A softer, less projected and smaller nose would offer feminine facial aesthetic balance and compliment your attractive features. Selection of a highly experienced rhinoplasty specialist is the key to discussion and planning a natural result. Be sure to review your surgeon's portfolio of rhinoplasty results and reviews. Minor changes, finesse enhancements and nasal correction are best achieved by trusted experts. Best to consult with several and choose your the physician with whom you are confident can help you. Please let us know if we can help. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. Based on the photographs you have posted, I believe you may benefit from a dorsal hump reduction and tip rhinoplasty. A dorsal hump can be removed by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth out the bump. A tip rhinoplasty includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty?

A closed Rhinoplasty approach can accomplish straightening the nose, narrowing the tip, narrowing the bridge line, shaving down the dorsal hump, and decreasing the overall projection of the nose with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. Rhinoplasty is a very difficult procedure, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. Digital computer imaging would also be helpful at the time of the consultation to get an idea what your nose might look like. For more information and many before-and-after  rhinoplasty results, please see the link and the video below