Can THERMIva or THERMItight address fullness in the mons pubis?

Mons Pubis Fullness Procedure

Thank you for your question. ThermiVa would not likely address the mons pubis fullness.  Mons pubis fullness is usually due to excess subcutaneous tissue (fat) which can be treated using liposuction.  ThermiTight can help decrease excess fat when performing the procedure but other treatments may work better.  As always this would depend upon a qualified Physician evaluating your specific condition, health and exam to make a proper treatment plan. 

Fullness of mons

Not really. The problem of fullness is the need for volume reduction. 

So ThermiRF ( VA or tight) will not address that problem well without some type of procedure (eg liposuction ) to remove the fullness. Hope this makes sense! I would consult with a plastic surgeon to discuss treatment options. 

Cheri Ong, MD, FACS

ThermiVa treatment is ideal for almost everything excelpt fullness in the Mons Pubis area

Hello and thank you for asking a great question!

I'm understanding that you would like less fullness or fatty tissue in the mons pubis area, which is a very common concern among my patients. In these cases, I encourage liposuction to reduce the fullness by removing the underlying fat.  ThermiVa is an extraordinary treatment and is so effective in tightening the vaginal canal and the external labia, however it is not a significant treatment for the concerns you've shared.

It may be confusing as we do see reduction and reshaping of the labia majora, however it is collagen contraction (skin tightening) rather than reduction of fullness.

I wish you all the best!

Jenn Harrington, MD

Jennifer Harrington, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

ThermiVa for mons pubis fat

ThermiVa is used to treat the vaginal canal and labia with radio-frequency to tighten the tissues in that area and will not work to reduce fat in the mons pubis. Liposuction of the mons is the best way to reduce the excess fat there. Good luck.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

Can ThermiVa treat the Mons Pubis?

Hi, thank you for your question. ThermiVa focuses on treating the labia majora, minora and tightening the vaginal canal. If you have loose skin in the mons pubis area, ThermiTight may be an option. If you have fat in this area, liposuction may be a better option for you. It all depends on what you're looking to achieve. Definitely consult with an expert plastic surgeon and Thermi doctor in your area. Good luck!

Brian M. Kinney, MD, FACS

Liposculpture is best for Mons Pubis reduction

Radiofrequency of the pubic mons will nit reduce the fullness due to excess fat. In-office liposculpture under tumescent (local) anesthesia is your best option. See link below to Photo Gallery for before and after examples.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

ThermiVa

Liposuction is usually the tool best used to address fullness in the mons pubis area.  ThermiVa is used to address the labia minora, majora, and vaginal canal.

Camille Cash, MD

Mons fullness

To decrease mons fullness, liposuction is normally the best therapy. ThermiVa is great for the vulva/vaginal area tightness and sensations, but doesn't reduce fullness.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Moms pubis fullness

Thank you for your question. ThermiVa  is used to increase fullness of the labia majora , vaginal tightening ,reduce symptoms of  urinary stress incontinence , and help with vaginal lubrication. In my practice I have performed liposuction for a full mons pubis . Sometimes a monsplasty is needed as well . It is important that you    Be evaluated to determine the best option that is right for you .

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Fullness of the mons pubis is addressed with lipo

Noninvasive technologies aren't quite there yet when it comes to reliable fat reduction of the mons pubis. I've treated many patients effectively with lipo after they saw little or no results with the noninvasive fat treatments. The shape of the area makes it difficult for these technologies to give a decent result. Thermiva is not a fat reduction technology.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City OB/GYN