I just had Botox injected last night. I asked for a brow lift, and was injected on the top portion of my eyebrow.Any suggestion?

After reading about placement, it seems that is low and should be at least a cm or 2 above my brow. Are there reasons a doctor would do this (large forehead, etc?) I am quite anxious that he made a mistake. Thanks for your time =)

Botox brow lift

Thank you for your question Nicole Westfield. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. It can also be used to adjust the position of the brows. The placement of Botox for such purposes is counterintuitive. It is important to understand how Botox works in order to understand how a Botox brow lit works. When injected into the skin Botox will relax muscles. For a brow lift we want to relax muscles that pull the brow down. These muscles are located in the tail of the brow and between the brows. So injections there are appropriate. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox.
It is best to wait two weeks for total correction to show. At that time you'll be able to discuss any concerns with your provider and/or receive additional units if needed. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Without seeing you it is difficult to say if the injector placed it in a place appropriate for your anatomy or not You should wait at least 2 weeks to allow the botox to work before evaluating if you do/do not have the look you were hoping for.

Asaf Yalif, MD
Roswell Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Eyebrow Lifting

Botox takes 2 weeks for the results to show. I suggest waiting for that time and seeing what the results are.  Without photos and seeing you in passive and active movement we cannot know where would have been the best injection points for your face.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Any suggestion?

Thank you for your question.  In order for a chemical brow lift to occur, the muscle responsible for tightly closing the eye must be injected, with Botox placement normally underneath the lateral portion of your eyebrow.  Though a slightly higher injection may work, these are normally used to treat the horizontal wrinkles of the forehead.  Wait for your results to set in at 14 days after treatment.  If your results are not what you anticipated, then voice your concerns.  

Botox to lift the brow

The mechanism by which Botox can be used to raise the brow can be confusing.  The lateral part of the circular muscle around our eyes causes depression of the brow while the muscles of the forehead raise the brow.  Botox works by weakening whatever muscle it is injected into.  If one injects Botox into the muscles of the forehead it weakens them, which if given in incorrect amounts can cause the brow to be depressed.  If Botox is used to weaken the lateral part of the muscle around the eye it weakens a muscle that depressed the brow.  This allows the forehead muscles to pull up on the brow more robustly.  

I would encourage you to discuss this with the physician who performed the injections to understand their reasoning for how you were treated.  

Cody Koch

Cody A. Koch, MD, PhD
Des Moines Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lifting brow

Injecting above the brow will improve the transverse lines but will not lift the brow. Injecting below the brow can help elevate it.

Ultherapy for non surgical brow lift and Botox for brow lift - Williamsville NY Ultherapy provider

Botox injection just below the eyebrows gives the chemical brow lift.

Another alternative treatment which is longer lasting is the FDA cleared Ultherapy brow lift.

Read the Ultherapy ebook I have written. It is a FREE access ebook provided on the link below. Go to the ebook section and you will be able to access the book.

Dr Karamanoukian

Injection placement for Botox brow lift

Usually when Botox is used to help lift the eyebrows, it is injected below the eyebrow to relax the muscles that pull the eyebrow down.  By doing this, the brows will normally elevate.  I would recommend speaking to the physician who treated you to discuss your treatment.  Your physician should be able to explain the reasoning for the placement of your injections.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon