I'm booked into get my breast augmentation in 5 weeks. What are some of the best things to help with recovery?

I live country, so Iv booked into an apartment in the city for 1-2 weeks after surgery. I'm starting to organise stuff now.

Some steps and arrangements to make recovery easier

Thank you for being proactive! Recovery should not be rushed nor underestimated and taking good care of yourself to ensure your body has sufficient time heal and look its best is essential. Please consult with your surgeon on how best to prepare for surgery and recovery and their advice should take precedence. I will list the things you can do to prepare for the surgery and to help with recovery. Note, I am listing things to make recovery easier and they do not serve as instructions for recovery (i.e., after surgery, you have to avoid intensive exercise for 6 weeks, you may have to take antibiotics, do breast massages, wear sports bras, etc.)
  • Firstly, if you smoke, then please stop smoking – 1 month before surgery. Smoking a cigarette within the month of the surgery can double your risk of infection. Smoking will also cause delayed wound healing, so it is important to cease smoking for 1 month after surgery as well.
  • If you have children, then have someone ready to take care of them for at least a week.
  • If you have a dog, have someone to walk the dog at least for 2 weeks.
  • Please arrange for someone to drive you to and from surgery and accompany you for 24 hours right after surgery – most patients bring ask a friend to help.
  • You do not want to have a lot of work waiting for you after surgery, so do them before
  • Cook extra food ahead of time, or you can simply order food if you are not recovering at home
  • You may start a healthier diet and engage in physical exercise, and avoid alcohol few days prior to surgery.
  • Make sure to inform your surgeon of all your medications – natural and pharmaceutical
    • You may have to stop some medications like aspirin and ibuprofen as then can increase bleeding.
  • Bring loose-fitting clothes that open in the front and comfortable flat shoes that slip on – you will need such clothes while you recover for the 1st week.
Hope this helps!

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon