6 weeks post 390 dual plane periareola lift, is this normal? (Photos)

Im 6 weeks post surgery and my left breast still feels a little tight and sore round the areola sutures . It has always felt worse than my right breast which has given me no trouble Both breasts feel soft to touch although the left feels slightly firmer and heavier . i also feel like I have a ' stitch ' feeling in my chest most of the time , is this normal ?

Post Op Discomfort

Thank you for your question. I recommend that you discuss your concerns and the specifics of your discomfort with your Plastic Surgeon as they know your case the best. An in-person exam would be useful to determine if you have an issue with healing or not.
All the best

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

6 weeks post-op breast augmentation / lift - is this normal?

Based upon your photos, you appear to be healing nicely.  It will take a few more months before you see your final result.  Please discuss your concerns with your surgeon (the only person who knows exactly how your procedure was performed).Best wishes.

Craig S. Rock, MD

6 weeks post op - is this normal

Yes, it appears your implants are symmetrical, with no excessive swelling on one side vs the other side.  Remember, that six weeks is still early in your recovery.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

6 weeks after BBA and Lift

Thank you for your questions and photos. Based on your preoperative photos, I believe you have an excellent early result. Although there is some slight asymmetry of the areolas, this is not uncommon and certainly it is very early in the healing phase to make any final assessments. Certainly, discuss your concerns with your surgeon. That being said I believe you have an excellent result. Best regards.

6 weeks post 390 dual plane periA lift, is this normal?

Thank you for your question. From the photos you have sent, your breast appear as though they are healing well. If you have concerns, please speak with your surgeon. Best, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD