Can my upper back left tooth be fixed? (Photo)

Can it be fixed? Can the back upper left tooth be redone so my denture's don't look as if their dropped as I am desperate make me look like freak I got it done by a student

Fixed tooth

Hi, 

There are two options of replacing a tooth  in a permanent way. 

- Bridge: A bridge is an option when there are teeth on either side of the missing tooth. A bridge is a fixed solution that stays cemented in the mouth and does not come out.  This method involves cutting down the teeth on either side of the missing tooth to be able to connect them together.  We recommend floss threaders, which slide under the bridge, to keep it clean.  The disadvantages for bridges are cutting down teeth that might be perfectly healthy, and sometimes bridges in the lower jaw do not last as long since the jaw flexes and the unbendable bridge can spring a leak on one side or the other that allows for decay or bacteria to seep in.  Sometimes the teeth next to the gap need a filling or a crown and this method can kill two birds with one stone; filling the gap and fixing the adjacent tooth at the same time.  A bridge can replace one or two missing teeth easily, and sometimes more if there is enough support.

- Dental Implant: An implant is a great way to replace a missing tooth. This solution feels and acts the most like a natural tooth when chewing, brushing or smiling.  The implant replaces the actual root of the missing tooth and heals in the bone for several months.  We then place an abutment, to which a crown will be cemented.  A major advantage is no need to alter any other teeth when placing an implant.  An implant is a great solution for a single missing tooth, and even more implants can replace many missing teeth.  When smiling or talking there is no way to tell the difference between an implant and a natural tooth.

Dominican Republic Dentist