I want to know which treatment is going to be better for me! Vaginaplasty or vaginal rejuvenate (photo)

Have loss most of my sensation during sex, I'm 43yrs old and feel very loose, I'm booked for rejuvenate but what if it doesn't work, should I have vaginaplasty instead, which is better?

Should I have a vaginal rejuvenation or vaginoplasty?

The reason its difficult to answer your question is that the term vaginal "rejuvenation" is not well defined.  Assuming your doctor means an office procedure such as Femlift or thermiva then there are advantages and disadvantages to these techniques as compared to vaginoplasty.  The main advantages are that its typically less expensive and less invasive.  Spending less money and having less pain sounds pretty good.  The disadvantage is that for some women the procedures simply will not work.  The vagina is too large and loose and there is pelvic organ prolapse.  If you have symptoms of pelvic organ prolapse such as pelvic pressure, pelvic pain, a sense that your bottom is falling out, bladder leakage or having to touch your vagina to get bowel movements out, then surgery will likely be indicated. If your vagina can easily accommodate four fingers then surgery will likely be indicated as well. Otherwise, try the less invasive procedure first. 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Treatment choice

Thank you for the question and image. Based on the description of your symptoms it appears that you may need the more extensive approach to treat the vaginal laxity, which is a surgical tightening of the vaginal walls to decrease the vaginal diameter according to your desires/expectations. The surgical approach is also more predictable in terms of a final outcome ( diameter) and ultimately a success rate. The other non-surgical approach involves many types of technologies and even more so devices using the same type of technology. It may not always be beneficial enough to tighten very attenuated and lax tissue. Generally, the physician surgeon is expected ( always or mostly does) to explain in an understandable manner the anatomy, various treatment options and success rate. Before even undergoing any procedure, it would be beneficial for you to have another conversation with your doctor as to all necessary information in order to be sufficiently informed. Again, if the laxity is that significant, usually a surgical approach would be a better option. Best of luck.

Yvonne Wolny, MD

Treatment choice

Yvonne Wolny, MD

Loss of sensation

There's a lot of reasons why a woman can have loss of sensation with sex. Her hormones may be low, her vagina may be too loose, the clitoris may be covered excessively, the vaginal lips may be getting in the way, and others. From your photo, I would start with a laser vaginal tightening, like V-lase, to see if the nerves just need to be awakened. Consider testing your hormone levels and treat is low. If no help, do a vaginoplasty (same as vaginal rejuvenation) and perhaps a labiaplasty with clitoral hood exposure. Lots of options; see my link for more info. Good luck.

Loss of sensation

Vaginoplasty vs vaginal rejuvenation

Dear Rachaels73:

The terms are often used interchangeably.  However you really need to ask your surgeon as to his/her definition of what they are doing.  Vaginoplasty means plastic surgery of the vagina.   Vaginal rejuvenation (internally) usually means  to tighten the vagina.  Vaginal rejuvenation is a type of plastic surgery of the vagina. Please ask your surgeon the difference between the two from his/her perspective.

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Vaginoplasty vs vaginal rejuvenation

Dear Rachaels73:

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

I have no idea what you mean by Vaginal Rejuvenate

I have no idea what your surgeon means by Vaginal Rejuvenate. Nonetheless, vaginoplasty is the gold standard for vaginal tightening and needs to be done in combination with pelvic floor reconstruction if there is any damage to your vaginal supports. Anything less will not tightening you to as much or with a maximum long lasting effect. In the USA, vaginal rejuvenation is a general term that includes many operations and nonsurgical procedures some of which have nothing to do with vaginal tightening.