I didn't see any improvement immediately following Lipo to thighs and knees. Does this mean I won't have any changes?

I have been reading a lot of drs answers on here and a lot are saying you should see some form of improvement straight after surgery before swelling kicks in. Is this true? I did not see any results in fact my legs were bigger than I went in! I'm only one week out and I know the swelling will last a long time but if I didn't see any immediate results does this mean I won't have good results?

Liposuction and Swelling

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is important to realize that recovery times and swelling vary from patient to patient. The first few days should be spent resting quietly. We recommend elevating the area where the liposuction occurred as much as possible. You should move around occasionally to promote good circulation, which reduces the risk of complications.

Don't take aspirin or certain anti-inflammatory medications, which may cause bleeding. Drink adequate fluids, especially water, to avoid dehydration. You are instructed to wear elastic compression garments around your treated areas for a few weeks to maintain the desired contours after surgery and help reduce swelling. This is an important part of the healing process, and successful results depend on following your surgeon's instructions regarding your compression garments.

Improvement after liposuction to the thighs and knees

It’s common for patients to immediately see results from thigh and knee surgery, especially when the garments are on. Initially, they are very satisfied.

When the garments come off, this is when swelling and bruising will start and the patient can get disappointed thinking that nothing has been done.

My suggestion would be that after liposuction a patient should seek massage, lymph drainage or ultrasonic treatment from a physiotherapist who works with your surgeon. With this you will notice the result will improve rapidly.