Can I Maintain My Super Active Lifestyle After Breast Implants?

I lead a super active life, which I suppose you could say is "crazier" than most. Not only do I engage in physical activity 6-7 days a week (lifting and cardio) but I regularly attend music festivals, concerts, nightclubs...basically a lot of events involving a lot of people crowded into one area. I'm wondering how realistic it is to expect to resume all these activities after 6 weeks. I'm just concerned with people bumping into me and disrupting my implants!

Exercise & Activities Post Breast Augmentation

You should avoid heavy lifting and strenuous activity for six weeks. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!! It may require the full 6 weeks before you can do any upper body work-outs, yoga, etc.

Yes, barring any unusual complications, you should be able to resume your active lifestyle after breast augmentation surgery (and adequate recovery time). Your plastic surgeon will be your best guide when it comes to specific timing to return to specific activities.  You may find the attached link, dedicated to patients in “action”  interesting to you.  Best wishes with your upcoming surgery.

Possible to get back to regular lifestyle after 6 weeks following breast augmentation

After about 6 weeks following your surgery, you will probably be able to get back to your lifestyle, depending on how you're recovering. However, you will have to take it easy at first, as you'll most likely be slightly out of shape. Also, don't forget to wear a good supportive bra!

Breast Augmentation

Once you are healed from the skin incisions and recovered from the procedure (about 2 weeks) I allow my patients a gradual return to activity week 3 and 4 and then unrestricted after 4 weeks.  If your implants are below the muscle, you should note that when working out in form fitting clothes and flexing your pecs with any exercise, you will see a temporary destortion in your breast shape.  This will not hurt you or the implant but tight stretch type shirts will show the breast change.  Info is FYI, hope it helps in case you may be self conscious at the gym.

Ronald H. Stefani Jr, MD

Questions about lifestyle and activities after a breast augmenation

You should expect to get back to all of your activities within 6 weeks following your breast augmentation.  My advice would be to wear a good support bra when you do activities that make the breasts bounce up and down.  It is also important to use a moderately sized implant.  A large implant will, over time, give you more problems with implant malposition.  

Rapid Recovery Breast Augmentation

When breast augmentation is performed by an experience board certified plastic surgeon, using rapid recovery techniques, you should expect to resume your very physical activity in less than 6 weeks. My patients are cleared for any activity at about 4 weeks.

Super active lifestyle

Assuming an uncomplicated procedure, once you've healed in 4-6 weeks, you should be able to go back to everything you're doing now, as long as you don't pick excessively large implants.

Breast implants and superactive lifestyle

I think is it reasonable to be able to go back to an active lifestyle 6 weeks after breast implant surgery for the majority of patients. Good luck.

Super active lifestyle after breast implants

The best breast augmentation is one in which you don't even think about an implant being there. The only time to tell should be when you need special views for a mammogram. Once healed you should be good to go and do whatever is on your list, and we hope its a long one.

Being Active aftert breast augmentation

The answer is yes.  You should be able to resume all the activities you are used to doing after an UNCOMPLICATED breast augmentation.  I have patients that are professional athletes, yoga instructors, etc and they have no issues....So what are the complications that limit your activities.  Definitely if you pick a size that is too big for your frame.  Size is so key.  All your girlfriends will tell you to go 1 size larger than what you want and I disagree.  You want to use MEASUREMENTS to determine your ideal size.  Your surgeon should give you a healthy range from which to consider.  You want to select a size for all SEASONS.  So you are comfortable at work, play and in private.  Additionally Capsular Contracture can sometimes cause you limitations so you want to make sure you surgeon tries to limit the things that we know cause scar tissue.  Make a smart decision and you should do great.

Hope that helps

Rady Rahban, MD