Am I a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck even though I have had no children? (photos)

I need to be snatch

Are you a candidate for a TT?

Far more important than deciding if TT is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that! See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Liposuction

Thank you for the question and photos. You appear to be a better candidate for liposuction of the abdomen, flanks and lower back to give you a better contour and flatter abdomen. 

The recovery is much quicker than for a tummy tuck and less painful. 

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. 

All the best!

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Best procedure for you, some advice:

Thanks for the question. 

In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam. 

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Tummy Tuck and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Tummy tuck candidate

You'll need to visit a plastic surgeon to determine if a tummy tuck is right for you.  Whether you have had a prior pregnancy does not automatically determine if you're a tummy tuck candidate or not, but oftentimes women who have never had children may be better suited with just liposuction.  You'll have to schedule a consultation in order to have a proper evaluation.  

In order to get a qualified, ethical, and expert opinion on your surgical options and expectations, always have an in-person consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Keith M. Blechman, MD
New York, NY

Tummy tuck or lipo

A photo is not a substitute for an exam but, that said, you appear to be a candidate for liposuction. If you do not have excess skin or weakness of the abdominal muscles, there would be no reason to undergo abdominoplasty.

Tummy tuck vs liposuction

You do not appear to have lax skin or muscles to warrant a tummy tuck. Rather, Vader ultrasound liposuction of your entire tummy, sides and back would give you contour without a big operation, recovery. You would also have the option of fat grafting to the buttocks, if desired.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations. 

Am I a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck

Thank you for the question. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is a patient who presents with "excess" skin/adipose tissue of the abdominal wall usually associated with abdominal wall laxity.  Ideally the patient has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Am I A Candidate for Tummy Tuck?

Dear Daintygal, Thank you for posting your photos with your interesting question. It appears that you could achieve your post operative goals with liposuction and you most likely do not require a tummy tuck. I recommend that you have a consultation with an experienced Board certified Plastic Surgeon who can examine your abdomen, discuss your  goals, review dozens of their before and after liposuction and tummy tuck results and discuss your best surgical option. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture/ Liposuction/Fat Grafting/ BBL

I  specialize in Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture and Body Contouring procedures.

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture. You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon